Coming soon to your windows 7 computers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alfa38User said:
Just using the W10 version of your W7 back up to make a dual boot w7/W10 install is not possible. At least that is what I tried to say the first time!! Sorry!

That does it Just Lou. It is too bad the W10 Help I quoted did not say that!!! And and all View Hidden Files items are unchecked so the files show (as they always have done on my machines)!!

Still no joy here!!
Do you think maybe Microsoft remotely erased them?  I wonder if they could be copied and renamed (before they get hidden or erased), and made usable as a restore option at a later date?

Lou, no, those files can't be used to install Windows 7.  Dual boot is no longer recommended, and with UEFI and secure boot, probably won't work anyhow.  To run multiple operating systems, use VirtualBox (free) to create virtual machines and install as many different OSes as you like.  I have 4 flavors of Linux, 5 different Windows versions, and 6 other misc. OS machines.

The simplest way to set the folder options is open File Explorer (formerly called Windows Explorer) and click on the View tab.  All the view options are right there.

Ned, I do use VirtualBox, and have Win-XP and Win-2K on it for some old Draw programs that I still use, but I don't have a disk for a clean install of Win-7.

I have 1-desktop and 2-Laptops from Lenovo, but they all came with pre-installed Win-7, with a system restore partition on the HD.  No Install CD.

Lou, those OEM installs aren't transferable to another computer.  Even if you restored a disk image to a different machine, Windows wouldn't activate.  The only way to get a fresh Windows 7 install is to buy a consumer version.  Windows 7 Home Premium is going for $90 at Amazon, about the best you'll find.

Thanks, Ned
I'll just leave the last laptop on Win-7 until I'm sure that everything I use will run on Win-10.  As of now, I don't see that anything much has changed affecting the simple stuff that I do.

You have until July 29, 2016, to take advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 so no hurry.  Just be sure to keep your Windows 7 system updated.  Although you won't get any new features, you will still get security updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom