Wheeling on the outskirts of the Valley of Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O

Oscar Mike

I belong to a MeetUp.com group called the Desert Wranglers. They have a lot of four wheeling events from mild to wild. Yesterday a call was made to go out to the area the skirts the Valley of Fire State Park, NV. We had a blast, as the weather is beginning to cooperate, it was a mere 100F yesterday... ???

Attachments

• Ute fun run 002.JPG
    Ute fun run 002.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 59
  • Ute fun run 024.JPG
    Ute fun run 024.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Ute fun run 026.JPG
    Ute fun run 026.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 56
Looks like fun John.  Well, except the 100* part. :(

Isn't the Logan Trail system somewhere down in that same area?  I have not wheeled it but I have heard about it and thought it was around the Valley of Fire, but I could be mistaken.

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
Looks like fun John.  Well, except the 100* part. :(

Isn't the Logan Trail system somewhere down in that same area?  I have not wheeled it but I have heard about it and thought it was around the Valley of Fire, but I could be mistaken.

Mike.

You're spot on, the trails we were on are on the southern border and are arguably part of the Logandale Trail system. Awesome area. On 9/12/2015 I am participating with the Logan Trail System (see their FB Page) on a campsite cleanup and restoration project. On 11/5-11/7 is the annual Hump-N-Bump at the Logandale Trail System, the annual event put on by the Vegas Valley Four Wheelers. I am volunteering as tail gunner and parking lot attendant for that event.

Sounds like you are having fun John, as I have stated before we can't wait to get to St George because we have not wheeled all summer.

Becks said:
Sounds like you are having fun John, as I have stated before we can't wait to get to St George because we have not wheeled all summer.

Well that is just sad. :(  I would go out of my mind had I not been able to get offroad at least once or so a month.

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
Well that is just sad. :(  I would go out of my mind had I not been able to get offroad at least once or so a month.

Mike.
I agree Mike, told my wife last night never again are we staying in MN all summer. From now on it is back to MN for DR appts and visit with family then head back west. Much prefer to spend time in Colorado and points west versus MN.

Since I have become active in off-roading, not that long ago, I have lost 35# and still losing. Off-roading is good for me...not so great for my bank account. I was fortunate to fall in with a group of folks from 20 somethings to me (60+) that get out weekly. These folks go out on a lot of night time events during our summer months...and I've been loving it. This weekend I am doing a campsite rebuild in the morning and an overnight trip that afternoon. No time to sit and eat...:)

I've gone from a competent 2.5 to a hesitant 3.5 in my skill level... 8) during this summer. Although I did pass on an obstacle yesterday because of a lack of confidence in my driving ability, an obstacle that I conquered just 2-weeks ago... :-\

hes4all said:
Nothing wrong with passing on a obstacle!
Been there done that!

Same here.  I built my Jeep to use off-road as well as a daily driver.  I am not going to risk damaging it just to save face on an obstacle.

Mike.

Oscar Mike said:
Off-roading is good for me...not so great for my bank account.

What the heck John, I live by the mantra that you only go around once, and you can't take it with you when you go. So have as much fun as you can between now and then.  Congrats on the -35!  That's awesome!

SargeW said:
What the heck John, I live by the mantra that you only go around once, and you can't take it with you when you go. So have as much fun as you can between now and then.  Congrats on the -35!  That's awesome!

Yes, me too, the problem is timing. I want to go out with just a nickel left and no debt. I have the no debt thing down, now I just have to time my departure, which I have no desire to do in the near future.

zmotorsports said:
Same here.  I built my Jeep to use off-road as well as a daily driver.  I am not going to risk damaging it just to save face on an obstacle.

Mike.

My Jeep isn't a daily driver, but I do have enough invested that I don't want my ego to hurt the thing...,I figure it this way, any obstacle I pass today will still be there tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom