A/C would not work...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary31

Unplugged the TH form shore power at the house and went out to our favorite boondock location. Fired up the Onan and everything came on except the A/C, I spent the next hour playing detective. I flipped breakers on and off turned on the Onan checked and rechecked breakers. I even connected my second Honda generator up to shore power connection but all was useless.
After a break and a cold beer I was sitting in the recliner looking at the a/c unit in the ceiling and decided to look inside the unit. I got out my step stool and opened up the filter panel and was looking around with my flashlight. Much to my surprise was a white box mounted to the side wall with several low voltage wires and guess what, there was a hanging wire and an open port.
I plugged it back into the port and then flipped the A/C switch ...... A/C started and no trip to the dealer for repair.
The moral of this story is never give up if you are going to own an RV because it is not if but when things stop working. My wife was ready to pack up and head home after just a few minutes of humid NC 90's. But not me I was determined to have a great Labor day weekend.

When one of my A/Cs failed due to a manufacturing defect (workmanship) I had to put in a different model upper unit.

Dealer's technician did not know how to install a jack that needed to be replaced (Molex socket)

Thankfully...  Been trained in that kind of thing.. Now they know.. When I showed him his reply was 'Man that was easy"

(I do admit it is not obvious from the way it looks when you open the parts bag).  As of right this instant it's still working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom