Cleaning the toilet bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1PlasticMan1

I understand that chlorine type products will damage the rubber gaskets over a period of time.  In our home we use Chlorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach that does a good job.  Anyone have a suggestion as to what to use in our coach?  Thanks.

We use a product called CP (Clean Potty) in both our boat and RV. It helps keep the holding tank chemicals working. Bleach will stop anything your using in your holding tank for odor and breaking down waste. CP is safe for holding tanks. Chuck

chuckbear said:
We use a product called CP (Clean Potty) in both our boat and RV. It helps keep the holding tank chemicals working. Bleach will stop anything your using in your holding tank for odor and breaking down waste. CP is safe for holding tanks. Chuck

You'll find that most members don't use any chemicals at all. Just lot's of water when flushing, dump only when the tank is at least 3/4 full and after dumping, put in a bout 5 gallons of water to start the break down process sooner than later. Chemicals are a waste of money IMHO.

Thanks for the feed back.  Very useful information.  Never thought of bleach affecting the action of the chemicals to prevent smells and break down waste.

A HOLDING tank is just that---it holds waste. It is not a septic tank where breakdown occurs. Using lots of water keeps most of the waste covered and lessens the smell.

1PlasticMan1 said:
Thanks for the feed back.  Very useful information.  Never thought of bleach affecting the action of the chemicals to prevent smells and break down waste.

If that so them my septics in my yard should of ran over years ago... ::)

Back
Top Bottom