fulltime and repair work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kcmusa

I am not a full-timer but its an idea I have thought about.
So now i do yearly maintenance at my home as needed, what do you do on the road?
Do some of you use thinks like AAA service if you break down?

Many of us have a "roadside assistance" policy to cover emergency road service and towing. There are services that specialize in RVs, e.g. Cloach-Net and Good Sam Assist.

More and more parks stipulate "no repairs", though some turn a blind eye toward low profile stuff. They mostly want to stop the guy who does a major tear-down on the site and the slobs who leave oily residue on the ground or gallon jugs of used oil (yes, some people really do that!). But you will probably end up paying to have a shop do oil changes and such, or maybe seeking out a campground with no restrictions. Fulltimers often have favorite places that meet certain needs and visit them annually.

Depends on what needs doing.. Most non-engine Maintenance I can do myself. Repairs however may be beyond my abilioty so I have Rachel (Her license plate reads RV GIRL) on speed dial (Nordstrom's Mobile RV repair) when I'm in Mich or another company when I'm in SC. Here in GA it's not that much of an issue since the ride don't move.

Oil changes and things like that get done at a dealership or facility designed for it.. I sit in the customer lounge while work is being done since these jobs rarely take an hour.

Helps if you can do most of your own repair work.. I have at least one repair I need to do some day where not only am I going to do it myself.. I'm inventing shortcuts to make it a one hour job instead of a several hour hob.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom