Whistle noise coming from passenger defroster vent area.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robert Zuhlke

I have a 2002 Itasca Suncruiser with a front end whistle that has been driving me crazy. I finally had the idea of leaving the hood access area open while driving it. The noise went away, but I drove to far to fast and bent my hinges. I am currently in the process of repairing the hinges. I removed the grill and will see if the whistle is gone.

Since my first post I have taken the grill out and caulked everything that I thought would make it whistle. Put the grill back in and it still whistled. My latest brain storm was to put some molding normally used for car door protection on the fins. It looks good, gives the grill a little chrome. I have only driven from my house in Garden Grove to New Port Dunes RV Park. That is only about 5 to 7 miles on the freeway and no whistle. It usually only does it at 55 MPH or higher. I will keep you posted.

I'm afraid you haven't really established the noise source. Since opening the hood undoubtedly disturbed the air flow over the windshield as well it could be that or an antenna, rtc.

Ernie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinldy71
Back
Top Bottom