On the road again, finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom

It was great to meet you in person. Judy and I had a great time. Hope to see you again sometime in the future when our paths cross. It is great to meet new people and visit with old friends. ;D

Jim

Thanks for the picture.

Tom,
It didn't get anywhere near as cold as was forecast here - low was about 30.  You will be happy to hear that it is expected to be in the low 70's for your arrival on Thursday, with an overnight about 59. Unfortunately rain is forecast too.

judway said:
Tom

It was great to meet you in person. Judy and I had a great time. Hope to see you again sometime in the future when our paths cross. It is great to meet new people and visit with old friends. ;D

Jim

Thanks for the picture.

Wayne,

That is a reduced resolution photo. I'll be emailing you and Gary the full resolution file.

Wayne and Judy,

I also enjoyed meeting you both and very much appreciated you taking the time to drive in from West Melbourne. I sure hope we can spend more time together at a later date, somewhere on our travels.

Thanks Gary, that shouldn't be too bad. Unfortunately, it got down to 11 degrees last night at the kids' place in KY where we're planning to be after Ocala. Brrr.

Today we visited the Kennedy Space Center, something I've wanted to do for a long time. Unfortunately, the events of 9/11 eliminated some of the 'up close' parts of the tour, but it's still a worthwhile visit. If you plan to visit, allow 1.5 days to see everything including the Astronaut Hall of Fame (which we haven't yet done).

Tom said:
Unfortunately, it got down to 11 degrees last night at the kids' place in KY where we're planning to be after Ocala. Brrr.

High in Denver on Friday is supposed to be EIGHT.....yes, that's the HIGH. And we're supposed to get 6" of snow here in Cortez tonight. That low of 17 at Joshua Tree isn't looking so bad anymore.

Wendy
cold in Cortez

Wendy, I'm feeling cold just reading your messages!

Wendy,

I knew there was a good reason for not heading west this year!!! Even though we've had a cold snap for a couple of days our 70-80 degree temps aren't too bad!!! :)

After several days among great friends at TGO, we left on Thursday and arrived at the home of Gary and Nancy Brinck in the Ocala NF. Anyone who has been here knows that Gary and Nancy are wonderful hosts. The campground is pretty darned good too, including W/E and WiFi.

Thursday night we experienced spectacular thunder, lightning and heavy rain. Chris told me the thunder immediately overhead really shook the coach, but I slept through most of it. We awoke Friday to hear about the extensive damage and fatalities caused by tornadoes just 14 miles from here.

Gary and Nancy's fulltiming friends Dave and Susan Rochette joined us on Friday. Gary BBQ'd and we listened to numerous workcamping experiences shared by the Brincks and Rochettes.

Today Gary and I accompanied the ladies on a shopping trip (groan). Why do they always come out of stores saying "we saved a lot of money"? We arrived back just in time for the big game kickoff.

Regrettably, we leave in the morning, headed to see the kids in northern Kentucky. The low up there tonight is forecast to be 1 degree - brrrr. Makes Wednesday's low of 10 sound warm  ???

A few pics:

• Camp Brinck.
  • The Rochettes check out the Brinck's new Tradition.
  • Gary mans the BBQ while Dave supervises.
  • Dinner crowd. Left to right: Chris, Nancy, Dave, Gary, Susan.

Attachments

• Camp_Brinck.jpg
    Camp_Brinck.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Brinck_Rochette.jpg
    Brinck_Rochette.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Gary_Dave_BBQ.jpg
    Gary_Dave_BBQ.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 45
  • Ocala_dinner.jpg
    Ocala_dinner.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 45
Tom,

It's 54 here right now but that sure is warmer than where you are going!! Hope it warms up before you arrive.

We certainly enjoy spending time at Camp Brinck! That table looks really familiar. Only the faces change. :)

Jim, 54 degrees is going to appear like a heat wave in a couple of days  :(

From one who goes to Chicago for Christmas every other year remember it is supposed to be April when you cross the Mason-Dixon Line.

Thanks for the great photos, Tom. We really enjoyed having you and Chris visit -  we always seem to have a fun time!  Even shopping!

BTW, glad to see the problem with file attachments has been solved.

Hi Gary. I'll get better photos into the Photo Gallery when I get a chance.

As for the guys enjoying shopping, speak for yourself! But I enjoyed the tool store and the walk around the perimeter of the mall.

Glad to get the attachments issue behind us.

Tom,

If you funace burns propane, top it off BEFORE you into that COLD country.

JerryF

Back
Top Bottom