On the road again, finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wendycoke said:
Where is it warm???

Wish I knew Wendy. Our first stop in Florida will be cool and raining when we get there  :(

Tom said:
Wish I knew Wendy. Our first stop in Florida will be cool and raining when we get there  :(

Gonna be in the 70/s Saturday and Sunday here at Rainbows End in Livingston, Tx.  After that its schedled to cool off a bit. ;D

Look out guys.....the cold weather is following us wherever we go and Quartzsite is next on the travelogue.

Wendy

At 8.00am it was 33 in Dallas, 29 in Forth Worth and 53 in GBC. At 9.30am we got out of Dodge. Headed north to hit I-20 and, at Canton, TX it was 40. Turned east and, when we reached the TX/LA line, it was 70 degrees and warming.

It's 75 here in West Monroe, LA too. Florida, here we come.

LOL Wendy, you guys seem to like cold weather. Oops....I shouldn't laugh, sooorrry.

It rained pretty good in West Monroe, LA last night, but cleared up by the time we were on the road this morning.

The Pavilion RV Park in West Monroe has unfortunately turned into a trailer park to house transient pipeline workers. If you like heavy, noisy traffic very early in the morning and beer bottles strewn around a campground, this is the place for you.

Arrived this evening in Mobile, AL, staying at a nice park called Shady Acres campground. Very friendly and helpful people, large sites with full hookups and free WiFi, all for $20/night. Wish we had time to spend a few days here, but we're passing through en route to FL.

Looks like we outran the really bad weather. Ron M, hope you didn't get stuck in Big D.

Ron:

Don't hurry out here; 27/49 today, forecasting 24/51 Monday in Surprise. Hopefully it will be back into the high sixties by late week when we head to QZ. It is clear which helps it really cool off at night!

We're currently at Campground on the Gulf in Destin, FL. Beats the heck out of me how they charge $65/night for the equivalent of QZ with sand instead of dirt. It's a short walk to the beach (beach lots are $150/night).

Tom:

We got stuck for a day, but left around 11:30 this morning.  Ice all the way to Big Springs, TX.  We counted 30 plus big trucks and RV's on their sides or upside down.  Was a little hectic leaving Dallas, but we were lucky it was a holiday.

When we arrived in Big Springs, it showed us heading into another winter storm west of here and all the way down into Big Bend.  Often the road is bad this time of year from the I10-I20 split past Van Horn.  We'll see what we encounter in the morning.

Glad you outran the storm.  It was massive.

How many of those beachfront lots have you rented for the day?  Tahts another reason we quit going  to Fl besides the hurricanes.

Ron from Big D said:
We counted 30 plus big trucks and RV's on their sides or upside down.

Ron, that's one reason we were prepared to stay put for 4-5 days if the weather had caught us. I shudder at the thought of those big rigs. Glad to hear you're safe.

It rained overnight in Destin, the wind picked up and the temperature dropped significantly with a forecast for more of the same today and the next few days. The campground turned into a muddy/sloppy mess, so we got out of Dodge this morning.

We're currently at Travelers Campground in Alachua, FL. The layout of these sites is, well, interesting as is the route you take to get into your assigned site. Rather than try to describe it I'll try to remember to snap some photos in the morning. The folks here are super friendly and they even insisted on hooking us up (electric, water, sewer and cable). They also offer free WiFi; Actually, it's a coupon for free access on a WiFi service, but I don't know how long the freebie would last if we were staying here longer.

Tom.

If it makes you feel any better we had ice on the surface of the swimming pool this morning.  :eek: :eek:  First time that's happened.

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
...we had ice on the surface of the swimming pool this morning.

Brrr, that sounds really cold Ardra. I've heard numerous reports that it's also been very cold at home in Northern California.

About the time I started grousing about 24 degrees the other morning in Surprise I recalled the stories from all over the country and decided it's not that bad here. 8)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom