On the road again, finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom,

Sunday morning just as Tim was coming in from feeding the horses, he walked past a 2" plastic pvc pipe that connects our well water to city water.  Dang thing broke right in front of him and shot water wayyyy up in the air.  We have shut offs on each end, so he just shut it off.  Had to replace a 90 degree elbow that broke/split right apart.  We have even turned on the heat in the motor home because we don't winterize here in good old San Diego.  Lots of people in Home Depot getting new piping, back flow units and insulation tape.  We also have a few fruit trees and I'm picking fruit that may have been zapped by the freeze.

It's getting warmer by the day; but not by much.  Now I'm going to have to fill the propane tank in the motor home to be ready for the cold weather in Kernville and then in Quartszite.

Marsha~

Right on Jeff. When I called my daughter in the mid west recently she said it was 10 degrees when she came home from work at 4.00am.

We finally found someplace warm....Salton Sea was in the high 60s today. Down to 43 at 7 pm but that's warmer than Joshua Tree where we had a low of 13 one night. And there's no wind here....didn't think we'd ever find a place with no wind.

Wendy

ArdraF said:
Tom.

If it makes you feel any better we had ice on the surface of the swimming pool this morning.  :eek: :eek:  First time that's happened.

ArdraF

Ardra,

I knew there was a good reason for staying in FL this winter!!! Just had another 80 degree day!!! :)

Two coaches are now at Tropical Palms in Kissimmee for four days, another will be here in a couple of days. Sunday we'll be moving to the Monaco come-home rally at the fairgrounds in Orlando where we'll be joined by forum members Ken & Sarah (currently working their way down the east coast). Two other forum members' coaches returned home early due to personal/medical issues.

This park has an interesting site assignment procedure; They assign you a provisional site at check-in, then they take you in a golf cart to choose your site &/or find one that's big enough.

Tom,

You're not far away from us! If anyone needs coach batteries there's a large dealer there that had reasonable prices when I got mine. ;D I think it's about an hour or so from TGO. I see 21 Palms campground but SA doesn't show a Tropical Palms.

Hi Jim,

We came down through Ocala this morning, but hadn't planned to see Gary & Nancy until after TGO.

Tropical Plams is close to the intersection of hwy 192 (aka 530/Space Coast Pkwy) and SR 417, on Holiday Trail.

I've been putting off replacing the starting batteries on the coach. Who's the distributor and where are they located? Which brands do they sell?

TIA.

Hi Tom,

The outfit is Royal Battery at 2580 N. Orange Blossom Trail. Phone is (407) 846-6070 and  (407) 425-7232. They have a website at www.royalbattery.com.  I think they carry several brands. I got Trojan 105s for the house and can't remember what the starting batteries where. At the time the 105s were around $60. When Mike at Eagle's Pride quoted me $65 each I told him the price. He asked where I got them. Turns out he gets his at the same place. ;D

Thanks Jim, I'll check them out. $60 for Trojan T105's is one heck of a good price. When was that? I know that batteries have gone up in price significantly over the last year or two, blamed by the manufacturers and distributors on large increases in materials costs.

Just before 8.00am yesterday three coaches rolled into the Orlando fairgrounds to attend the Monaco 'come home' rally. This was a whopping 20.3 miles drive from our prior location at Tropical Palms. We were apparently the first non-volunteer arrivals and were given prime spots, although we had to negotiate a few trees to get parked.

The official rally doesn't start until tomorrow (Tuesday), but we're having our own mini pre-rally.

Tom said:
Thanks Jim, I'll check them out. $60 for Trojan T105's is one heck of a good price. When was that? I know that batteries have gone up in price significantly over the last year or two, blamed by the manufacturers and distributors on large increases in materials costs.

It was a couple of years ago, Tom. They may be much more now. Just got your message this morning! Wonder where it has been?

I figured it must have been a few years ago Jim. When I called them and asked about group 31's (coach starting batteries), all they had was Powertron (?) batteries. Since I don't have any experience with that brand, I decided to wait. But appreciated the contact anyway.

SO that is why you are neglecting our campfire here :)  Enjoy Orlando Tom.  It's 35 outside as I type this here in QZ, Even I'm wearing a coat when I go out

John In Detroit said:
SO that is why you are neglecting our campfire here

LOL John, yes. Somewhere around halloween, Chris mentioned QZ but then, after talking with some friends/forumites, she announced we were spending new year in Laughlin, NV before heading to Orlando via friends in TX. We still have other family/friends things to do before we head home, including visiting kids and an expected grandson in Kentucky.

Hope y'all have a great time in QZ.

Tom

If you are going to have a " brunch" with Jim at TGO, I would like to join you if we do not have a time conflict. I would like to meet you while you are in Florida. We live in West Melbourne.

Hi Wayne,

We'll be at TGO for a minimum of 4 days starting 1/26 (have reservations for a week and still deciding what we'll do afterwards). Would be nice to meet you too, so I'll give you a heads up when we have more specific plans for our time at TGO.

The Monaco rally has come to an end and we leave Orlando today. There were only a small number of vendors present, disappointing for me because I had a list of stuff I was going to buy. Entertainment and food has been good, but the weather has been quite varied; We wore shorts one day, sweaters the next, then had lots of rain. But, talking to friends and neighbors back home, we're better off in FL than in CA.

If the posted scoreboard was correct, new coach sales during the rally appeared to be down significantly. Additional factory incentives are offered for coaches bought at a (Monaco) rally, but they don't seem to have been enough to entice folks to cough up their hard earned $$$. Could this be a reflection of the health of the overall RV market?

Today four coaches head over to TGO to meet up with friends and forumites.

Hope you get a chance to come by our place east of Ocala, even if we just meet for lunch.  If it's just you, we have room in the yard for the coach and hook-ups; if all four of your caravan I'll have to refer you to one of the parks in the area.

The DeMars have been here for two weeks but are leaving today for St Augustine.

Back
Top Bottom