Remodeling my RV- in Ohio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rvrich

Hi guys this is my first post im from Ohio. I'm going to have several questions but I just bought a 2008 Rockwood 2701 SS UltraLite camper. I'm doing a complete rehab to the inside. I have already replaced the furnace the stove in the microwave.  There was some water damage inside I am guessing it was in a flood and it smelled like mildew everywhere so I replace in the foam in their turn down couch and the seats and backrest for the dinner table  I am replacing the cloth that covers the new foam as well, I'm also replacing the front window that's broken.  I'm changing all of the lights in the ceiling to LED lights.
Here's my question the floor seems to have some socks spots and it can I go underneath the camper and put some L brackets up against the floor to firm that up? If so does anybody have any ideas how to do that and what to do exactly to fix a soft floor thanks guys.

My guess is that if the floor has soft spots you have water damage. Your best bet is going to be pulling up whatever flooring is there and check the sub floor.

I have a 2007 forest river Fleetwood 27BHSS, which is almost identical (same floor plan). Soft spots on the floor are due to water damage to the thin Lauan plywood flooring. The vinyl flooring traps moisture and accellerates the deterioration of the plywood. I just replaced the front section of flooring in my TT due to a compartment leak while in storage. There is no center beam supporting the floor. Floor is a sandwich of 1/8" Lauan and styrofoam (Lauan-foam-Lauan). Aluminum 1.5 in x 1.5 in square tube is used for floor joists, which are spaced 16" apart.  4 ft x 7.5 ft sheets of Lauan are layed from wall to wall, glued to the styrofoam and stapled to the joists. Depending on extent of damage, you may only have to repair sections, but be sure to replace the wood in 4ft wide sections or the new Lauan will flex if using partial widths. I finished mine off with stick on vinyl tiles, looks like new. Work is getting the old floor up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom