New Project: 1999 Prowler 721c

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim S

Posted this in the Intro thread, but thought I might get a better response over here, so:

Just threw myself into a project: found a 1999 Prowler 721c hybrid. Very clean and intact interior for the age, tired exterior due to storage near salt water. I wanted to buy a customizeable box, and this should do it.  ;)

First bits will be pretty basic: new tires all around and a general cleaning and detailed mechanical review. Known trouble spots: really soft spot in floor under wc, will need replacing. The front foldout has a seized, rusted hinge. Prior owner tried to force it open and damaged one corner of the faceplate in the process.

Our plan is to remove the front foldout and eliminate it, installing a top hinged awning/window assembly instead. Likely have to build that myself, but does anyone know of anyone doing something similar?

Second is to gut the bathroom and replace that rotted floor. Other projects are certain to materialize as I dig into this. I see what may be a soft spot in the outer wall where the sink cabinet is mounted - it is the only spot on the outer skin that has delaminated, about a square foot or so.

Needed: sources for documentation, construction details, owners manuals, etc., etc., etc.

Really looking forward to getting this project on the road! Thanks in advance for any help and info.

Best,

Jim S

Welcome to the group!!

The information you are seeking, especially for trailers, will be nearly impossible to find. An owners manual might be available if someone has one but most of those manuals are very generic and cover a variety of models even when available. Construction/electrical information is usually not available for any RV although a couple of  manufacturers, such as Winnebago, do a better job than the majority in supplying it.

Most 'appliance' type manuals are available on line by searching for the make and model of the appliance.

I have EVERY manual you could even need.  I just picked up one this spring and it came with ALL of the original paperwork.  What would you like?  The main manual is EXTREMELY thick, but I could scan pages that you need.

Back
Top Bottom