REAR BEDROOM SLIDE WON'T STAY OUT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amen

I'm going to guess I know what the answer is to this problem but I thought I would post it to see if I'm missing something?

My bedroom slide will retract about an inch and a half a day. It's not that big of a deal ...all I have to do is to push it out again.. but curious if there is something I'm missing like a lock to keep it out? I'm guessing not...and it's hydraulic...and the seals on the pump are bad and need to be replaced. And if so...how hard a job is it to do that? Or is it easier to replace the pump? Haven't looked at it yet so not sure what kind of a job it is.

Any suggestions?

Thanx!

Ken

It sounds like the hydraulic fluid is bypassing the seal and causing the ram to retract. You may consider putting a small piece of wood between the slide and the wall to prevent this until a repair can be worked out, just don't forget the wood when you operate the slide.

My guess would be a faulty or leaking solenoid.  The first thing I would check is to make sure the manual valve on the back of the solenoid is tight, and then make sure the solenoid is screwed in tight.  If both of these are tight, my next step would be to replace the solenoid.  This only applies to HWH products.  I am not sure how other systems work.

Hmm.. never thought about the solenoid being loose where it would allow fluid to bypass. I'll check it out! Thanx!

I had one of my hydraulic jacks that would not stay down and read that my fluid might be dirty causing the problem. I flushed and refilled the system and all is well with the jacks. You may have dirty hydraulic fluid causing you valve to let fluid bypass.

Back
Top Bottom