2005 Journey problem...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got out of the hospital after two months and now catching up. That sounds exactly like what I found several years ago and just removed the little hose splice and steel elbow. Several others had the same failure the too.

Bronchial cough, turned in the flu, it turned out to be H1N1 (death rate it 8 out of 10), that accompanied by  pneumonia, kidney failure, collapsed lungs, BP delta got to only 5 points, heart stopped three times enough to let me see the famous "light" during one of them. Was in an induced coma for three weeks and it was over a month before I was coherent enough to start to understand what happened. Anyway I went in as a skinny 183 and came out at 132lbs, unable to walk or lift anything more than a 1/2 full paper cup. That's  s l o w l y  getting better, but it'll be months to recover.

I have absolutely no memory from at least a week before going into the hospital in late October to about the beginning of November. Everything above is from the people and doctors that have all separately told me their story and what they did in ICU. Why I'm here after that I really have no idea.

So....  GET YOUR FLU SHOT!

Good grief Jeff! What an incredible odyssey to survive. Glad you are still here to keep and eye on us.  Relax and don't try to rush the recovery too much. 

Still getting details from others and very small pictures are coming back but there's no time stamp on when these memories were. This is going to bother me for a very long time. What was humbling and a little scary was that over time, all of the doctors, several ICU nurses, and others all came by after their shift or made a point to find me because recovery from this, let alone all the complications is something people write papers on. But every one of them separately said I'm a miriacle, especially with no more bar in damage than I already have.. :). The doc told DW not to expect the same person if I did recover because of the time that I was clinically gone and no oxygen to the brain. Another miracle... I'm not much into religion, but something like this can sure change your mind quickly.

I'm going next door and see if I can walk across the pool now.....

Surviving a near death experience can leave quite a long lasting impression on you, as many in the public safety business  can tell you. I have had a few of those myself, and have spent a lot time reflecting on "what if".  Eventually I often came to realize that it just wasn't my time.  But just the same it's good reminder to embrace the time you have left and be thankful for family, friends, and all that you have. 

Also ironic that you would come out of it just when the most reflective time of the year is upon us.  Again, glad you are on the mend.

But it sure is a neat and quiet way to go. No pain, no mess...  :)

Jeff, I am glad to hear you made it through. I again was diagnosed with CHF last Friday by my Cardiologist, went to my regular Dr. This morning who says I have Bronchitis. Hope mine doesn't go as far as yours as I have been there before. Hang in there and get well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom