bed plug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janpaul

I just installed a trailer light plug in the bed of my truck. I just wanted to comment on a good product if anyone is looking for one. It was made by Reese and just plugged into my factory wiring with a tail that goes up to the wall mount plug. This was very well made, instructions clear, and installation took under 20 minutes with minimal tools, a 2" hole saw was used for cutting the bed wall.

I never thought to take any while doing it. Basically, you remove the connector that plugs into your factory rear outlet and plug that into one of  the new assembly connectors. The new assembly also has a connector that will go back into your factory rear outlet and one that goes up to the bed wall location. You drill a hole where you want it in the bed wall, fish the wire up, and connect and mount your new plug. It's really simple, just make sure you pick a spot with enough clearance behind the plug, and strap the cable assembly good underneath and route away from anything that could damage it, sharp edges, exhaust, etc. I could take some pics, but they would only be of finished product if you wanted to see that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom