Wife Cut Toe on Shower Drain - Brave 26A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimGeorgia

Potential Safety Alert - Brave 26A

I wanted to alert those of you with new Braves regarding a potential safety issue with the shower drain. We have a 26 A (2015) and this weekend my wife cut her toe when it slid across the drain. The photos don't do this justice but the silver edge around the drain is not totally flush with the fiberglass and is not beveled, therefore it's basically almost a stainless steel knife. I'd ask that our other 26A owners check their coaches to see if this is a manufacturing issue or just with our coach. The drain is located in the corner of the shower and under normal circumstances your foot would not come in contact with it, but Sandra has a bandaged big toe where it hit the edge of the drain. Please check and advise before I address this with WBGO. Thanks. I'm going to apply silicone around the edges this week, but wanted to take these photos before doing so.

First, sorry about the owie on the toe.  Secondly, it doesnt appear that the stainless piece
is centered in the fiberglass hole.  By loosening the screw is it possible to center it?  Also,
the screw looks somewhat askew, for lack of a better word.

Send pictures of the drain to Owner Relations, hopefully this is a one-off situation but it will be interesting to see if there are any others with the problem.

mypursuit said:
First, sorry about the owie on the toe.  Secondly, it doesnt appear that the stainless piece
is centered in the fiberglass hole.  By loosening the screw is it possible to center it?  Also,
the screw looks somewhat askew, for lack of a better word.

The screw in question only releases the blue screen which is not the problem here.  The silver piece is not adjustable and is the issue with its raised edge.

John Canfield said:
Send pictures of the drain to Owner Relations, hopefully this is a one-off situation but it will be interesting to see if there are any others with the problem.

John thanks for the feedback.  Can you either post or PM me with the contact info for Owner relations and I will do so.  Thanks.

JimGeorgia said:
The screw in question only releases the blue screen which is not the problem here.  The silver piece is not adjustable and is the issue with its raised edge.

I believe that it is "adjustable", but with access to the underside of the shower pan.
I agree that it looks to need tightening and perhaps a enter it.

If you can't get to the bottom side to disassemble the drain, how about just taking a piece of 320 emery paper and carefully break the sharp edge of the drain eliminating the sharpness.  You could put some tape on the fiberglass to prevent the emery paper from damaging the finish.

Is it still convered by warrantee? If it is, take it back to the dealer.

Thanks.  I used some silicon to protect the edge for now.  Cannot access from bottom.  The drain is in the very corner of the shower which makes access hard and my back aches even harder.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom