1994 Fleetwood FLAIR, won't start after installing new main battery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flair

1994 Fleetwood FLAIR, won't start after installing new main battery.

Main battery died.  Installed new one.  Won't start.  Turns over great. Can utilize 'boost' switch for reserve battery assistance.  FINALLY checked some fuses.  ONE 5 amp was blown on front panel under hood (think it was IGN fuse).  We thought GREAT!  probably to fuel pump or such!  noproblem..  should start NOWww! - - - NO GO.

Seems like it is getting gas to carb. (lots of smell/moisture there).  Gas only 6 months old with Stabile.  Added HEET just in case! (back in MO now)  Checked for mouse nest early on.

ANY other fusible links or switches I should check??  Anything REAL obvious that one of you has run into AFTER replacing battery, blowing fuse, then ..??

thanks for your time and ideas!  (hate to call a tow just for THIS)

When was the last time you started it prior to the battery change? Any other modifications/changes?  Can you test for a spark?

This happened to me early on in our motorhome experience, and the problem was that the ignition module was shot.  It was not providing any spark.  It was an aftermarket system that "advances" the spark supposedly for better economy.  Once I got in there (top down from the doghouse cover) and re-routed the ignition & spark plug wires to bypass the ignition module... the engine fired right up.

Back
Top Bottom