Problems with NEXUS RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

conmax

N
I have a 2014 Nexus Ghost 34' Super C diesel. The front seats will not move far enough backward to see out of the side mirrors or clear the steering wheel. The only way you can drive it is to have the seat back straight up and the seat all the way down. Even, at that, you can only see about 1/3 of the highway lane behind you. It is very uncomfortable to drive for even a short time in this position. It is also a safety hazard since the side mirrors are all you have to see behind you.

They placed the bulkheads too close to the seat backs at the factory. They told me that when they had a fix for this, they would apply it to my coach. They have since moved the bulk head back on new production. They have refused to modify my coach under warranty. They will not even talk with me about a solution. When the seat contacts the bulkhead, it tears the vinyl from both the seat back and the bulk head. They probably don't want to perform the repair since it may be costly. Perhaps all owners could ban together to force them to do something. I also think, the National Safety Board may be interested in them selling a vehicle that prevents use of the side mirrors.

File a report with the NHTSB, but don't expect immediate results.

Nexus is a new company that has terrific marketing skills but little experience in building RVs.  That said, the old line Rv makers still make the same kinds of goofs with new models. They never seem to learn very well...

Sorry you're having these problems. When we bought our 1999 Tiffin Allegro Class A in 2000, I noticed that it had similar issues - the driver-side mirror was mounted in such a way that it was difficult to get a full view of the road unless I leaned way forward, and when the driver's side slide came in, I had to hold the driver's seatback forward so the slide would clear it. They just didn't put much room between the seat and the slide.

Did you test drive yours before you bought it? I knew these were issues before we bought ours, so I looked it over and determinec that with very little effort, I could reposition the mirror about four inches and that problem would be solved (and it was). However, I knew there was no fixing the seat/slide clearance issue. If I wanted that motorhome, I was going to have to live with it, which I did for nearly 13 years. When they told you they'd retrofit yours with the new design, I hope they put it in writing.

Kev

I did test drive before purchasing. I did notice the seats had very little travel. They said that they would fix this before our coach was completed. This never happened and all during the 1 year warranty period they said there was no solution.

I have enough room, but seat back does contact slide on my rig, a small foam backed rug  stays in place nicely and protects everything.

Very few things in this world evaporate quicker than a verbal "after the sale" promise.

Hello all I'm new to this site and recently purchased a 2018 Nexus 25V viper E450 and like most new buyers had minor to moderate repairs done to our new coach. However, the first thing we realized from the moment we first drove our coach was the sway produced particularly at highway speeds. Upon doing research and talking to several RV mechanics we realized when ford builds the cutaway they have no idea what the end manufacturer is going to make out of it. So how can ford tune the suspension when they don't know what the final product will be. So basically ford uses stock sway bars and leave it to the RV manufacturer to make it right. Well apparently Nexus didn't make it right. Because of the top heavy weight added onto the E series ford chassis the factory stock sway bars were totally inadequate making driving our coach feel unsafe in particular in strong wind gusts. Please be aware stock factory suspension parts may NOT be adequate for the weight of your rig.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom