Alternative to litterbox in the shower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whiteva

Spoiled kitty but a great thing for us. The litter box is tucked away behind a automatic pet door that triggers a 25 minute exhaust fan to send the smells outside. full details are attached.

Attachments

• RV kitty throne room.pdf
    147 KB · Views: 219
That is quite the classy set up. I am not letting my cats near the computer right now or they will start complaining about not having a light in their poop palace. I got them a boring old box without a light or a fan. But the fan is not necessary since my cats don't produce any odors. My theory is if you have a pet with stinky poo then you are feeding them the wrong food. That has served me well with cats, dogs and birds.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002DK60E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I saw an RV that had a trash chute that went into a outside storage bin under the kitchen .....so that gave me this idea to get rid of that damn cat box in the living room...

I was thinking of cutting a 8-10" hole in one of the bottom of one of the bedroom cabinets that goes into one of the outside bins and putting one of those carpeted cat tubes going down onto this bin with the cat box inside the bin. 

Now, ...I have to run this idea by my wife before I start cutting large holes in her bedroom floor..... so it'll probably never happen.... :-\

Years ago when we had cats, I set up a deacon's bench as a litter box holder. I cut a hole in the end of the bench, then put carpet inside along with the litter box. Cats entered the hole and did their business in private, we lifted up the bench seat to empty the litter box.

SeilerBird said:
My theory is if you have a pet with stinky poo then you are feeding them the wrong food. That has served me well with cats, dogs and birds.

I've met a lot of people over the years that think 'their' pet's poo don't stink..... :)

(humor)

Hmm, great idea.  I don't think we have space for this, although it might go in the cabinet under the bed (2006 View J).  Having the litter box in the shower is not only inconvenient, but in Her Majesty's enthusiasm to cover the deed, she always manages to toss some grains into the shower.  I'm fairly handy, but suspect this may be beyond me, alas.

As for the odeurs which may or may not issue from the throne room, I've been amazed that almost everything seems to rise up and out the vent, even when the fan's not on. And our family includes a nose that knows, if you get my drift.

This is a formerly feral, one-eyed alley cat who decided a decade ago that we needed civilizing and moved in.  Great cat; lots of character.

Dan de La Mesa
CA

TonyDtorch said:
I've met a lot of people over the years that think 'their' pet's poo don't stink..... :)
Believe me when you live in a motorhome with three cats if their poo stinks there is no denying it. I have asked many visitors if they could smell my cats and the answer is always no. I got my first cat from a shelter with a thirty day return guarantee. If I could have smelled the liter box the cat would have been returned.

Back
Top Bottom