LCI Levelers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

69bbc

Posted this on the Georgetown owner site, but hoping someone here has some info.

Problem with the LCI system that is in my 2006 Georgetown 338. Have an issue with the levelers intermittently not wanting to go down, usually the front driver. Took it to the dealer and they checked all the usual suspects and determined it was the " RELAY PACK ". Tried to order one from LCI but it is an obsolete OEM part ??? Dealer sent a pix to LCI and his aftermarket supplier.

Does anyone have part numbers for the control panel and this infamous Relay Pack. Any info is much appreciated. Larry

Attachments

• lippert control panel.jpg
    lippert control panel.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 49
If you ever find the part number, a great place to buy much more cheaper then Lippert itself is https://www.rvupgradestore.com/
Last year I ordered a part for my hydraulic leveling pump and the price was 2/3 of what Lippert was asking.

I have a related question for anyone who knows the answer...
I have a Georgetown 335. Yesterday the jacks worked fine.  Today I have no lights and no response on the input panel.  A call to Lippert, sharing some readings from my multimeter, and they suspect that it may be the control box.  Problem is, I can't find the box.    I have miles of wire from the input panel, but it appears to disappear into the firewall.  Lippert says that  I am looking for a "4 X 6" box", but I have no idea where it can be found.

Anyone  have an idea where the box can be found on a 335?

To start with, find and reset the 20 AMPS breaker for your leveling system in your electrical storage bay, probably situated on the driver's side, first compartment in front.
p.s. the mentioned control box is the keypad on which you press the buttons (very close to 4" X 6" )
Let us know if it was the breaker, if all lights flash on your keyboard, you will have to make a reset to the system by pressing the 4 arrows all together.

There should be a bay, normaly on the driver's side, where all the leveling components are installed such as the electric motor, the hydraulic pump and the hydraulic reservoir and all the hydraulic pipes going to your leveling jacks.

I  checked and replaced the fuse near the pump (15amps). 
There is still no sign of life on the input panel (none of the lights come on, no matter what I do). 
Lippert Tec support had me take readings from the wiring going into the pad.  They are the ones who set me searching for the external controller.  ( I assumed that since it was their product, they knew about the components. )

I've had two suggestions as for the likely locations and will search again tomorrow. 

Wasoki said:
I  checked and replaced the fuse near the pump (15amps). 
There is still no sign of life on the input panel (none of the lights come on, no matter what I do). 
Lippert Tec support had me take readings from the wiring going into the pad.  They are the ones who set me searching for the external controller.  ( I assumed that since it was their product, they knew about the components. )

I've had two suggestions as for the likely locations and will search again tomorrow.

Did you check the breaker in the 12 VOLT electrical compartment bay, not in the hydraulic bay compartment ! There should be a breaker, a 20 AMPS breaker titled "hydraulic levelling" and it could be poped out... it is not a fuse, it is a breaker  with a reset button ! That is your master 12 VOLTS source coming from the house batteries.

That circuit breaker was checked first.  The slides work, so we have power to that area.  It is a leveler issue of some sort.

I put a call into Forest River today, hope for a call back tomorrow.  Luckily we are on a level site!

Wasoki said:
That circuit breaker was checked first.  The slides work, so we have power to that area.  It is a leveler issue of some sort.

I put a call into Forest River today, hope for a call back tomorrow.  Luckily we are on a level site!

There must be a dozen of those 20 AMPS breakers all identified for the proper usage; one of them is just for the leveling system, nothing to do with the slides. I do have 3 slides and I have a 20 AMPS breaker for each and every one of them.

I do have 3 slides and I have a 20 AMPS breaker for each and every one of them.
So your slides run off of AC current? So you have to be plugged in or running the generator to operate your slides? Three of mine are hydraulic, with the pump running on DC, while the fourth is DC electric.

My suspicion is that if you have breakers for slides that it's for the outlets in each slide. Or maybe your rig is unusual.

Larry N. said:
So your slides run off of AC current? So you have to be plugged in or running the generator to operate your slides? Three of mine are hydraulic, with the pump running on DC, while the fourth is DC electric.

My suspicion is that if you have breakers for slides that it's for the outlets in each slide. Or maybe your rig is unusual.
All of my slides are 12 VDC and the leveling system is hydraulic but an electric motor drives the hydraulic pump and that motor runs on 12 VDC also; they all have independant breakers for every slide and one breaker for the electric motor running the hydraulic pump.

legrandnormand said:
All of my slides are 12 VDC and the leveling system is hydraulic but an electric motor drives the hydraulic pump and that motor runs on 12 VDC also; they all have independant breakers for every slide and one breaker for the electric motor running the hydraulic pump.
Ahh, they're 12V breakers then. Sorry -- misunderstood.

UPDATE:  dealer called and said the suspect leveler part is at the RV center. Called a Pressure Switch and will need the min. 60 minute install.

Bad news was that they crunched one of the storage bay doors during the first visit and the free replacement part will take another 3 weeks to get in stock.

Attachments

• 045-142927-2 lippert pressure switch.jpg
    045-142927-2 lippert pressure switch.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 16
69bbc said:
UPDATE:  dealer called and said the suspect leveler part is at the RV center. Called a Pressure Switch and will need the min. 60 minute install.

Bad news was that they crunched one of the storage bay doors during the first visit and the free replacement part will take another 3 weeks to get in stock.

Is it garantied ? If not, get it at this place https://www.rvupgradestore.com/  for half the price ! I had it delivered last year to Florida within 5 days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom