LED lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waynestractor

I am slowly getting my lights changed over to led fixtures, and installing led modules controlled by reed switches in all the storage compartments and cabinets. So far I have replaced the two kitchen counter light fixtures with a strip of leds in an aluminum profile with diffuser, replaced the dining room light with a 6" led light and added a dimmer, replaced the 3 main fixtures with the same 6" panels, added a strip to the awning barrel controlled by the porch light switch and have done a few of the compartments and cabinets so the lights come on when they are opened. We now have about 10x the light output of the original fixtures and are using considerably less power, especially when dimming the lights. I will post more pics as I take them.

Attachments

• FotoFlexer_Photo1.jpg
    FotoFlexer_Photo1.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 131
  • FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg
    FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 108
  • FotoFlexer_Photo2.jpg
    FotoFlexer_Photo2.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 108
We switch to LED's that are way too bright. I wasnt aware they could be dimmed. What are you using to dim the lights? A slider switch? Is it something specific to RV's or a modified household item?

It depends on the led's. Most of the ones we sell are dimmable with a low voltage dimmer. These are the ones I use for dimming on the low voltage side. http://www.armacostlighting.com/store/shop/2-in-1-led-dimmer/ They can be mounted to the wall or in a single gang device box.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom