Let's See Those Lunar Eclipse Photos...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
H

Hammster

I got a chance to take some pics of the lunar eclipse. Did anyone else?
Please share them here.
I'll start.

Attachments

• supermoon eclipse.png
    supermoon eclipse.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 62
Nice shot -- thanks.

I saw the moon at the beginning of the eclipse (right after moonrise), when only a very small area was eclipsed, then the moon moved up into the clouds. Several times I went outside to see what changed, but couldn't even find the moon, for the clouds. Finally, nearly 11PM MDT, I went outside to look and the sky had cleared and the moon had a very small area still eclipsed (opposite side of the first one, of course), so I don't have any decent pics.

Strange that the clouds moved in shortly before the eclipse, then moved out about the end of it.

Larry N. said:
Strange that the clouds moved in shortly before the eclipse, then moved out about the end of it.
I think there is some law governing events like this. I didn't see anything either. And I stand no chance of seeing the one in 2033. ???

We had partly cloudy skies here in upstate NY but luckily the clouds were scattered enough to see the whole event almost uninterrupted. No photos of our own but have seen a lot of very nice ones out on the internet and on Kim's Facebook.

Here is one.  Not as good a focus as I would like, but there it is anyway.

Attachments

• V08A7264 (Medium).jpg
    V08A7264 (Medium).jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 43
Here are some:
The first is right after moonrise. The second one is just as the moon was disappearing into the clouds. And the third...

Attachments

• Moon Eclips Sept 2015 001_sm.JPG
    Moon Eclips Sept 2015 001_sm.JPG
    221.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Moon Eclips Sept 2015 007_sm.JPG
    Moon Eclips Sept 2015 007_sm.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Moon Eclips Sept 2015 023_sm.JPG
    Moon Eclips Sept 2015 023_sm.JPG
    279.7 KB · Views: 20
Here are a couple from Vancouver Island...the first one at about 8pm the second around 9pm.

Attachments

• resize2.jpg
    resize2.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 14
  • resize1.jpg
    resize1.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 12
Wednesday night I drove down to St Petersburg to watch a Rays/Marlins baseball game at Tropicana Field. I left the game around 9:30 and headed home driving over a long bridge that goes over Tampa Bay. The moon was just starting to rise over the city of Tampa and it was the largest most beautiful moon I have ever seen. It was right above the horizon, a golden orange color and slightly oblong since it was two days removed from being full. This was the first time in a year of using a cell phone for my camera that I wished I had a better camera with me. I did pull over and take a few shots but they did not come out.

The bizarre thing about the view was that last year I drove over the bridge and got a nice shot of an eclipse while driving.

Attachments

• Eclipse.jpg
    Eclipse.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 18
Ok here's my third attempt to post a photo on this thread, after this I give up - shame the forum only allows very poor quality images but I guess it makes sense if people have no internet bandwidth since they're full timing

Attachments

• Eclipse_2015-13_DxO.jpg
    Eclipse_2015-13_DxO.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom