More candlepower?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ned,

My '70 'Cuda came standard with round 'driving lights' mounted between the grill. Can you guess what I replaced them with?? Aircraft landing lights ;D One very brief flick of the switch did the trick every time. Illegal? Heck yes, but I didn't drive into any ditches either.

I installed landing lights on a 66 Caddy I had.  Did require a wireing change to make them work right but the sure lit up the road.

Tom said:
Thanks for returning my sanity Jim. Do you happen to know which lights they installed for you?

Tom, have been off the air for a day.  The only identifying marks on the lights say TYC, don't know if that means anything.  When I get to Moab I will look on the back side and see if there is anything there.  See you Sunday.

Ron said:
Take a look at ths site HEADLIGHTS for information on fixing the headlight anomaly you mentioned.

Thanks Ron. I will be checking the alignment, and have done so on previous vehicles, and already know that they're aimed low. But I'm not convinved that this is the only issue. I'll start my diagnostics at Moab.

Tom:  I had that problem on my 83 Bird.  Found out the line voltage to the headlights were routed directly through the switch.  We re-wired the circuit by having the switch control a relay that took voltage directly to headlights with large wire.  Improved the lighting considerably.

Thanks for that input Ron. It's certainly one of the things I'll be looking for.

Ron said:
Are you sure you will have time? ??? ??? ??? Busy schedule here in Moab. ;D

Betty took care of that by including a headlight aiming competition in the Moab events schedule (g).

Back
Top Bottom