Where ya goin this winter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wigpro

I just finalized my plans for my trip South after spending the summer in Kalispell Montana - I love it here, but anxious to get back on the road.

• Trip south with a stop in Dillon Montana to fish for some trophy trout in the Beaverhead River.
  • Then over to Craters of the Moon National Monument for a few days.
  • Then Salt Lake City to visit some friends and relax for a couple weeks
  • Then my favorite place - Moab for a couple days
  • On to Mesa Verde for a few days
  • Visit 4 corners
  • El Moro National Monument for a day or two
  • Petrified National Forest for a couple days
  • Homolovi Ruins State Park and Painted Desert for a couple days
  • Standin on the corner in Winslow Arizona
  • Kingman AZ to see some friends at Blake Ranch RV Park
  • Then back to my winter home in Twentynine Palms RV Resort
So where is everyone headed. I can't wait to get back to my winter home and fun people I have wintered with the past three years...Great park and a ton to do and I get to take pictures in Joshua Tree - another favorite NP.

Safe travels everyone.

Jim

Check out my blog in my signature - took a few pics today in Glacier NP!

Moses Lake, Spokane to visit daughter, Pendleton OR, Mountain Home OR, Rupert ID for the best Prime Rib in the world, Ely NV, St George NV just for the views, Page AZ, Winslow AZ for the Great Meteor Crater, Sedona AZ for the view, Eagles Nest @ Ft McDowell for my birthday, Catalina State Park/Tuscan AZ more scenery, Usery State Park AZ, Gold Canyon for December. Yuma foothills for January and February. Back to Mesa for Spring Training, and then we'll figure out which way to come home again in April.

Ken

The Florida Keys
Where we have been going for the past ten years.

We are kayakers, and have been to almost every off shore Key there is.
We also love exploring the Everglades, and do many five night camping trips out of our kayaks.

We bounce back and forth between the four state parks in the Keys, and just last year bought ourselves a RV lot in Key Largo Kampground, so in the future if we strike out getting sites in the state parks we will still have the option of staying at our own place.

We will be heading down near the end of October.

Jack L

JackL said:
The Florida Keys where we have been going for the past ten years.
We'll be in Key Largo at Calusa for the first two weeks of Feburary.  Then we head down to Jolly Rodger in Marathon for a month.  Can't wait to fish, scuba, relax.

My only trip I have planned so far is out to Dry Tortugas National Park with Glen Cowgill. Jim - I love the shot of the horse drinking from the river.

SeilerBird said:
Jim - I love the shot of the horse drinking from the river.

Thanks - there were two there that were really nice but by the time I changed lenses - one had left and it was a very pretty white mare.

I waited but it never came back...I am in Salt Lake for a few days then head further South towards my winter home!

Jim

I am slowly going nowhere at great expense...

Already in south east Georgia trying not to freeze with these 60-ish nights.

Heading further south to Melbourne, Florida, probably stopping in Palatka or Tomoka, first,  then mosey on down to Long Point, Savannas, Indiantown and doing some look-see around for possible changes in latitude.

I've been invited to sail the Bahamas again, so that's a thought too though motorhome will have to stay back and doggy needs a new passport, heck I better check mine for expiration.

Life is goof.

I am searching for a fabulous bicycle community to live and play in, you would think Florida would be full of those, what with flat land and great weather, but dang it seems so car oriented.

Come spring I poke back up eastern coast to spend a month at my favorite beach in South Carolina, then find somewhere to hide for the summer until I hit the beach for another month in fall.

I tend to travel less and stay longer, so I can sightsee on my bicycle. I find riding to be easier than hiking.

Attachments

• DSCF9748_Picture.JPG
    DSCF9748_Picture.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 16
DearMissMermaid said:
I am searching for a fabulous bicycle community to live and play in, you would think Florida would be full of those, what with flat land and great weather, but dang it seems so car oriented.

Come spring I poke back up eastern coast to spend a month at my favorite beach in South Carolina, then find somewhere to hide for the summer until I hit the beach for another month in fall.

I tend to travel less and stay longer, so I can sightsee on my bicycle. I find riding to be easier than hiking.

Around Okeechobee lake in the center of Florida, there is a 120 milles bicycle path...
I'll be in that area next winter and many campgrounds are available

DearMissMermaid said:

Already in south east Georgia trying not to freeze with these 60-ish nights.

Heading further south to Melbourne, Florida, probably stopping in Palatka or Tomoka, first,  then mosey on down to Long Point, Savannas, Indiantown and doing some look-see around for possible changes in latitude.

I've been invited to sail the Bahamas again, so that's a thought too though motorhome will have to stay back and doggy needs a new passport, heck I better check mine for expiration.

Life is goof.

We have been all over this great country, and in my estimation Florida has the best biking trails of all the states.
You can criss cross most of Florida and in many places you will never be on a public road

Jack L

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom