2014 Redwood 38 FL?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LovinRVlife

Hi everyone I am new to the forums. I was wandering if I could get some feedback on a Redwood 38 FL. I have found one I am interested in purchasing. I was felt pretty confident we were going to go with a Grand Design Momentum 385TH but I can get a 2014 Redwood 38 FL brand new at a 44% discount off of MSRP.

What I am interested in is anyone who has experience with this unit. Is it good/bad? Can I add solar to fairly easily? I would like to boondock quite a bit if possible. Any feedback at all on Redwood would be appreciated. TIA

David

Sorry I can't answer your questions.  There are people who can.  They should be along soon.

I did want to welcome you to the Forum, the friendliest place on the web.

As for the solar part, you can add solar to almost any rig.  It is just easier on some than others.  Mike will probably chime in.  He actually powers his sticks and bricks home solely on solar power.

Thanks grashley I appreciate the welcome! I look forward to getting to know everyone.

i agree you need a 1 ton over 3/4 ton and the cost is only about an $300 for a 1 ton over a 3/4 ton - you dont need a dually if you buy a GM or Dodge but you do if you buy a current Ford
nice unit cheers

The Redwood is a fabulous 5th wheel.  However they do have Lippert frames and some find that it can be a problem, so you might want to do some research. 

Marsha~

Marsha/CA said:
The Redwood is a fabulous 5th wheel.  However they do have Lippert frames and some find that it can be a problem, so you might want to do some research. 

Marsha~

but isnt every trailer/5er a Lippert product they seem to be the supplier of almost everything

Thanks for the replies everyone, I really appreciate the feedback! We will be pulling it with a 2015 F-450 DRW Platinum so hauling it shouldn't be an issue.

Does anyone have any tips on the best way to see how good the service department of the place we are purchasing the RV from is other than Google?

David

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom