in-bed non-cab-over hard-sided collapsible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MA

I always seem to want what is not made by anybody. I'd like a slide-in, hard-sided, collapsible hard sided TC camper without the cab-over part. I know Alaskan makes one but wonder if anybody else does. (Alaskan's "mini" fits in the bed of a Tacoma; I want something to fit in the 8 foot bed of my F150.)

That's a tall order, especially for an F-150, which will have limited payload capacity. Rayzr makes non-cabovers, but they are not collapsible.

I think I have seen what your looking for. Try Google, type in just what your looking for. I think It might have been Quick Silver or Camp Lite.

Good luck, Tom

I've known folks that had these 4 wheel campers.  I thought about buying one back 20 years ago when we were into the 4WD thing.  They're really tough and will stand up to some pretty good shaking in the back of a 4WD truck. 

http://www.4wheelcampers.com/

Reviving the thread; I was within a signature of ordering an Alaskan and then found they are not able to put in a propane-fired fridge (3-way) because legally it must be vented through the roof and they have not found a way to do that. And the battery operated one will not last off grid for more than a day. I must have a freezer because of food allergies (cannot eat out of cans.) So....that went by the wayside, and I am still looking for something that will work with my 8 foot bed and payload of 2600#.

I started looking for bed-mounted pop-ups but again, because of allergies I simply cannot have anything that will leak and possibly develop mold. So, many tent setups are just out of the question. Even expensive tents can leak, and the tent pop-ups I know of all have leak problems. Then if you have to pack it wet, the chance of mold developing sky rockets.

I found the DuraCozy and the functionality would work for me, BUT it has a tent and what happens if you need to put it up or take it down in the rain? It gets very, very wet inside. I was hoping to find something like the hard-sided Aliner that goes in the bed instead of having to be towed. Anybody know of something like this? I'm starting to feel like I have two options for this summer's trip; one is to just get a camper shell and try to squeeze everything I need in it, and the other is to tow my travel trailer and have the hassle of having to park it in an RV park.

Ideas?

Ford is bringing out there own line of campers

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/ford-is-doing-its-own-line-of-campers-and-trailers-1746499500

Back
Top Bottom