2016 Road Trip Plans with the Powells

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larrypowellnc

It looks like our extended road trip plans for 2016 have changed.  Originally it was a trip from our home in NC to SoCal with the return trip following Rt. 66 with a few side trips to visit friends and relatives.  As of today it appears we will be making 2 extended road trips in 2016.  My DW?s family is planning another reunion in LV in June.  For this trip it will be I-40 west to Little Rock AR then a swing south to Sherman TX to visit friends, back up to I-40/Rt. 93 to LV.  After the reunion we will pick up Rt. 66 in Kingman AZ, take a little side trip to Santa Fe NM to visit friends, then on to Joliet IL (I refuse to drive in Chicago) then home.  Our SoCal trip will happen in September after school starts.  A straight shot on I-40/I-15 to Anaheim (Disneyland ? we both grew up in SoCal and haven?t been to Disneyland for 37 years or so).  From Anaheim we head south to San Diego (the zoo, what else) then east on I-10 to home with stops along the way to visit family and friends.  The stops in Santa Fe NM and Sherman TX may take place on this trip rather than the reunion trip.  Of course this is all subject to change.  Happy RVing everyone.

Plans for our 2016 road trips have solidified.  Because I hate I-40 our trip in June to the family reunion in Las Vegas will take us through Atlanta and Vicksburg then northwest to Sherman TX to visit friends, on to Amarillo where we will pickup I-40 to Kingman then 93 to LV.  After LV we will pickup Rt. 66 in Kingman and take it to Joliet IL with a side trip to Santa Fe to visit friends.  From Joliet we will go to Kutztown PA for their annual Folk Festival.  We used to go to this event almost every year when we lived in NJ and haven't been since we retired to NC 10 years ago.  If you find yourself in central PA around any July 4th it's well worth a visit.  From Kutztown it's home.  Over 5,500 miles in just over 3 weeks.

Our trip to SoCal in Sept. (after school starts for obvious reasons) will be a straight shot on I-40 (I know, but when you live in NC and need to go west in the shortest time possible your choices are limited) to I-15 to Anaheim for Disneyland, then south to San Diego for the Zoo, etc.  On to visit friends in the Palm Springs area, over to the Phoenix area to visit family and friends, then home through El Paso, Dallas and Atlanta.  Over 5,200 miles in 3 1/2 weeks.

Ambitious I know but when you're retired what else to we have to do with our time.  Happy RVing everyone.

Back
Top Bottom