12 volt electrical problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nates

Hi,  i have a 36 foort Wildwood bumperpull I was pulling into a camp spot.  I stoped while hooked up to the truck to open the slides to see if it would fit. Everything worked as normal, then retracted the slide out.  I repositioned the camper and tried the slide and nothing.  All the 12volt system is not working.  It just stopped.  The battery is good cause the toung jack is electrical and still works while connected to the battery.  But nothing else electrical 12 volt works.  I'm gonna start to trace the voltage from the battery.  Does any have any idea of what could be happening?
Thanks

Several starting with a blown fuse.. And endiung with one of the following:

Sheared pin or bolt (Very popular with the power gear crowd)
Failed motor or transmission.

This is doubtful but on the "no cost" list is a dirty control switch (Remove all 12 volt power (unplug and lift a battery connection) and operate the switch like 50 times both ways

And a connection loose or disconnected.

The tongue jack is probably wired direct to the battery, but the trailer "house" stuff probably has its own separate battery connection. And fuses. I would start checking there.

Hi to all.I would disconnect if not already done power from vehicle because of possible short...check Rv battery for 12 volt if nothing than I  would look at fuses and if all is good check your switch by hot wire...good luck ! 

Back
Top Bottom