Any one else beside me giving up on "RV. Net"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prior member

I found this site last year after having a few of my posts deleted over there, and the final straw was when a five day paddling trip report that I posted was completed edited so bad, by the moderator, that a lot of the material was meaningless.

The other day I had another post deleted  and the person who posted under mine had his deleted also, and there was nothing nasty in either of the posts.

I love the fact here that the moderators will chime in, but don't act like they are king !

I haven't participated in "that" site for almost a year now.  I found people to be too negative and full of themselves over there.  And don't even get me started on the "length police" that would come out every time someone asked about towing an enclosed trailer behind their coach and were looking for experiences from those of us who do.

Mike.

Paul & Ann said:
Which one would you consider worse?

Ya, I am curious as well.

Currently I am only active on two RV related forums and I am quite impressed with both thus far.

Mike.

It isn't my place to slam other forums..suffice to say that even though rv.net not to my liking, I have experienced worse.

I do have a problem with moddies altering or deleting posts unless for the common sense issues..  I am always interested in hearing other folks experiences..that is why we RV..to experience...

Interesting comments. I've not spent time in that "other" RV forum.
As a moderator in other forums, it's my job to quell the inappropriate, not "edit" what's posted. That, in itself, is inappropriate.
It's a rather binary decision. Allow or not allow. What I happen to agree with is irrelevant. 
Here, Tom and the staff do a stand up job, and create quite a pleasant place.

JackL said:
I found this site last year after having a few of my posts deleted over there

I've never noticed any posts that were deleted over there, but I mainly read the mods there.  I do find it easier to find which forum to post in there and I like their search feature.  But I think it's good to have several forums to go to for information.  When one doesn't have the answer, another one usually will.

One of the mods over there was IMHO very unethical.  He would edit the "flame war" rants from his best friend and delete the posts of those who responded.  Several years ago, I made a complaint about him to the RV.net's publicly held parent company.  He apparently got a copy of it and sent me a vicious email in response.  I gave up on them after that.

8Muddypaws said:
The mods on irv2 are a bunch of adolescent playground bullies.  I will not play there.

Hmm.  I haven't experienced that over there.  Met some great people though.

Mike.

I do not know who owns IRV2 but I have been known to remove that link from my bookmarks file for like six months on occasion.. They gave me "Supporter" status, which normally is a paid membership, but they did it because of the number of posts I make helping people. so my theory is they need me more than I need them... I've not fallen afoul of the moderators since but that may be because I'm a bit more careful.

On RV.NET you have to remember who owns them (Affinity Group) surprisingly I see a number of posts critical of Camping World or Good Sams there but.

Both of them the MOderators tend to be a bit.. heavy handed in my opinion.

Here..  Well this forum's history is such that minimal moderation was needed.  Now that we are open to the web.  More moderation is needed.. But thankfully the folks who do it do their job well.

I agree with the other posts here.  The Mods at Rv.net are, generally,  capricious, heavy handed and certainly not  consistent.  I predicted long ago that this would affect the forum and now it has. 

A moderator gave his personal opinion and I respectfully disagreed with him.  My post was removed but his stayed.  I guess their opinions are worth more than mine.

When opening the forum and using "New posts" filter, it used to have 9-10 pages of new posts.  That is down to 5 pages now.  People just will not tolerate the group of little fiefdom kings and queens over there, and it shows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom