Michigan Fall Colors are NOW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

Time to kick some leaves and have hot dogs around a fire.

Attachments

• dam-images-travel-2015-fall-foliage-fall-foliage-new-england-10.jpg
    dam-images-travel-2015-fall-foliage-fall-foliage-new-england-10.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 43
  • michigan-fall-colors-oct-13-2015-mapjpg-dfbefe636dccf215.jpg
    michigan-fall-colors-oct-13-2015-mapjpg-dfbefe636dccf215.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 32
Beautiful Len - I just got back from a trip to Vermont to see the fall colors for the first time. I went a week early, I should be there right now. But it still was awesome. I will be posting my photos on the first of November. Meanwhile please post some more photos.

The gorgeous fall colors are the one thing I miss the most about living in the west.  When we lived in Redwood City, CA I used to drive on one specific street which was lined with ash (liquid amber) trees.  The reds were beautiful in the fall.  Thanks for posting that one, Len.

ArdraF

Hopefully we will be heading up north is just a few days to Michigan's western Lower Peninsula Lake Michigan shore line.  Have been tied up in a Haiti medical clinic fundraiser for the last few weeks.  Tonight is finely the night for the event and then we will be free again.  Have also been remodeling our daughters bathroom (moved a wall, etc) and STILL have to tile her floor.  Nice to be wanted but really want to hit the road again for a few days.  Just a month ago we were down in south eastern Ohio in Amish country and that was really a great week.  Fall colors though I do NEED to see them.

Len & Jo,

We are in Holland MI on our way home from a foliage tour around Lake Michigan. We started in Northern IL and traveled through WI to the UP, Escanaba, Munising, Manistique, St Ignace, Petoskey, Traverse City, and now to Holland. Last year we went to Door County WI in mid-Ocotober and were too late. This year we were too early. However, yesterday driving down M22 and US 31, we were rewarded big time with spectacular color views. Many different shades of orange, yellow, red, green that were stunningly beautiful!!

Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum
View from the tower.  Looks like a storm coming over Whitefish Bay
Picture posted by person unknown
Have seen storms come across like that at night with lots of lighting while tent camping on Lake Superior shore.  Can be scary.

Attachments

• 12141100_10153628013533788_4991542646362722256_o.jpg
    12141100_10153628013533788_4991542646362722256_o.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 34
What the blazes is this white stuff doing in my fall colors.  Leaving Tuesday to see colors.  Guess we better pack the long johns.

Attachments

• dan-brubaker-charlevoixjpg-c867434a4dfcb838.jpg
    dan-brubaker-charlevoixjpg-c867434a4dfcb838.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 25
We're about 5 hours away from the end of our Michigan "color tour".  We left home on Friday morning (10/9).  Our route took us to Old Orchard County Park near Oscoda on the Lake Huron side of the state for our first 3 days.  Colors were getting close to peak while we were there ... and the weather was gorgeous.  From there we drove across the state for 1 night at Orchard Beach State Park (Manistee) and enjoyed a gorgeous view of Lake Michigan for a night.  Next we moved 40 miles north to "moochdock" with friends in Thompsonville.  The hillsides there were ablaze in fall colors!  While staying with our friends - we took the toad for a day's drive along the length of M22.  What a gorgeous drive ... colors were at peak!  Ended up the drive with a little tourist shopping and a couple of craft beers in downtown Traverse City.  On Friday (10/16) we drove back east across the state to join friends during their last camping trip of the year near North Branch.  It's been downright cold this past couple of days ... temps down into the low 30's at night.  Even saw a few snow flurries yesterday!  We're about to start cleaning the coach before we drive the last 100 miles back home.    All in all a great trip - and some great fall camping!!!

I love rallys!  Any chance of organizing a rally or caravan to see Michigan, WI, Vermont, Maine fall colors next year?

https://www.facebook.com/upnorthimaging/videos/527060970790619/?theater

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom