Kancamagus Highway New Hampshire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YellowSubmarine

We are newer RV drivers.  WE have a 31 foot E450 Coachmen Freelander.  Do we drive the Kancamagus Highway which is said to be very hilly and "check your brakes" with the tow/haul button engaged the whole time?

Or do we only turn it on when going downhill?  I hope our brakes don't give out :)  Thank you in advance! 

Rene would know better than me since he hauls a 5r, but I have driven over in my Class A and previously pulling our old 20 ft PUP, fully loaded.  Just take your time as you might want to stop at several places to see the sights, or even to camp at one of the National Park campsites, but be carefull with food as there are black bears that forage at night.

Ed 

Hfx_Cdn said:
    Rene would know better than me since he hauls a 5r, but I have driven over in my Class A and previously pulling our old 20 ft PUP, fully loaded.  Just take your time as you might want to stop at several places to see the sights, or even to camp at one of the National Park campsites, but be carefull with food as there are black bears that forage at night.

Ed
Yes there are black bears, and depending how hungry they are, they will attempt to break into your RV, or car/truck, if they smell food, and they are usually successful, causing a lot of damage in the process.  Don't leave food or garbage outside.  That will attract them faster than anything!

Thank you everyone!  We found the highway very very easy.  We didn't even use the tow/haul button.  This highway is very easy to drive.  We have had worst hills in Vermont on the way to Shelburne, VT, like 12% grade.  The largest grade sign we saw was 7% on the Kanc highway.  I can't say it enough but this highway was very very easy to drive with an RV.

Thanks!

You are welcome. Thanks for getting back to us. I wish everyone would do that just so we know if the information we've provided has helped.

LOL.  I agree.  I get annoyed when I read blogs but then never hear what happen to the original poster so I always try to post the end result to help the next person!  Now, I have another problem...

Rene, in order to keep it straight, he started a new string.

Ed

PS: You could have kept the COLD weather gown there for another month or so.  Have to go out and vote, and the car has frost on it. 

Hfx_Cdn said:
    Rene, in order to keep it straight, he started a new string.

Ed

PS: You could have kept the COLD weather gown there for another month or so.  Have to go out and vote, and the car has frost on it.

Sorry Ed. Went down to 26 degrees F last night. Suppose to warm up tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom