Buying a used C Class Rental RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allopp

Just would like some advice.....pros/cons ....of buying a used C-class RV from one of the large RV Rental companies.  They have some great deals, the RV's are only a few years old, but they have over 100,000 miles.  I dont think it is a good deal, but would like to ask those of you out there who either have bought one to let me know what you think?  Are they good deals or a disaster waiting to happen?

Most new RV buyers don't get it right the first time. They usually trade in after they figure it out in a year or so. So it should last a year no problem. I wouldn't hesitate.

Browse thru this forum and you will find about 27,000 responses to the question of buying from a rental outfit.

meticulously inspect everything before and while on warranty, I believe you can rent it before you buy it to really get a feel for it and time to  inspect or have it mechanically checked. ask if they provide service records of maintenance, repairs and accidents.
if it where the way for me to get into a newer model RV i would consider it.

Cruise America & El Monte often a good warranty of their used units, and also do a credible job or bringing them up to snuff before they sell. In that sense, they are much better than buying used from most any RV dealer. But it's true the rental units are very used, so you need to weigh that in your decision. 100k miles is not itself a deal breaker - a modern engine and tranny are easily good for that much and many will see 150k or more. Few RVers put more than 5-10k miles per year on their rig, so one of these should last you awhile. Compare prices and what's available elsewhere - it's worth considering.

Back
Top Bottom