EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Breckenridge Slide-out Seals  (Read 869 times)

Bearley1

Breckenridge Slide-out Seals
« on: October 14, 2015, 09:25:29 PM »
Hello,

We have an '03 Breckenridge Park model that is now "permanently" situated. We're looking to replace the vinyl fabric "sleeves" that seal off the slide-outs with something that is more permanent and hopefully more weather-proof. I am thinking of an 8" wide strip of roofing rubber attached to the sidewall of the trailer, and to the walls/roof surface of the slide-out. What should I use for nailing (actually screwing) strips?Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

Gary330ci

Re: Breckenridge Slide-out Seals
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 06:44:05 AM »
I have an 08 Golden Falcon 390 with the same issue.  Did you have any luck with the repair?

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: Breckenridge Slide-out Seals
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 06:51:26 AM »
I'm unclear what these "sleeves" would look like. The slides I'm familiar with have a 2-3" rubber wiper flaps at the sides and D-shaped rubber seals all around. My imagination isn't helping with an 8" wide strip of EPDM rubber (which isn't great at wear resistance anyway). Maybe a photo would help?

If you need something to hold down the edge of the material and screw through it, how about 1/16" x 3/4" aluminum bar? Or one of the many varieties of aluminum moldings available?
http://www.extrude-a-trim.com/aluminum-extrusions/ticket-moulding
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Hosted by Over The Network