How to check Microsoft software update failures & cancellations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JerArdra

10/16/2015

When you perform an update to your windows 7 or 10 software sometimes you will see that the update failed or was marked as canceled.  In my WIN 7 I have found that 100% of the time it's OK because the update actually was installed and is marked as Successful.

I found an easy was to check or prove whether the update was successful even though the one you just installed was marked as either failed or canceled.  Actually I think it may have been re-installed again during other future update installs.  Here's how...

Go to Control Panel, Windows Update, and View Update History.  On the View Update History page (left top) there is a NAME field above the list of updates.  Double click that field.  This will put all the updates in numerical sequence by their update number.  You don't care about date sequence.

Now look at the column to the right that lists whether the update was successful or failed or cancelled.

Go down that column to the first failed or cancelled update and click on that failed or cancelled update so it is highlighted in blue.  Now you will easily be able to see that the update immediately above the failed or cancelled update has the exact same KB update number and it is marked as successful.  Finally you can quickly check ALL failed or cancelled updates.

This was true in ALL of my failed or cancelled updates.

JerryF

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom