Changing Your Service Address with Directv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kim (skyking4ar2) Bertram

Moderator Emeritus
I have seen posts where folks call Directv to have their service address moved so they can get the local area channels in their guide. For whatever reason, that did not interest us until recently.

I personally despise the "Press 1 for whatever" phone conversation, but found the Chat feature on the Directv site to be instantly effective. My guide changed while we were chatting!

I also asked why you could not change your service address via the website, and they stated it was a security concern and that's a logical explanation to me.

Even though I did not discover a cure for cancer, and maybe this chat option was known to everyone but me, but here you go...I have been served well the last five years by Directv and I know that's not the same experience others have had.

It's the simple things.... 8)

I have to chuckle over the "security concern" excuse. I can't login with my id and password and be secure enough to make a change, but a voice over the telephone is "secure"?  Oh, and they have my credit card info on that account page that apparently isn't secure enough to make changes...

They aren't the only one with those illogical restrictions on website actions. It's pretty common these days.

I just ran into a similar example when I needed to change my address-of-record for one of our bank accounts. I can change many things on their excellent online banking site, but not my mailing address. However, I can send them a "secure message" via the website and request that they change my address and they will go ahead and do it. Apparently they think that if some unauthorized person accessed my online account, they would not know enough to send an electronic message?  And what's the big deal anyway? If someone has access to my online banking account, they can steal all my money anyway. No need to falsify a mail address.  ???

I had one account not allow me to change address but was told to email them the new address!

Back
Top Bottom