RV slang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You may check the LIBRARY tab above for a full list of abbrev we use.  Note TV is not something you watch for entertainment. 
TV is Tow Vehicle.

Drivers window, Dan Wesson gun in drawer, Dips**t Worker on roadway, Dang Wipers that quit working, Driveline Whip, Dirty Window, Dust Wookies, and a few more. Sometimes the context helps, sometimes it's just a nice thing to Spell It Out (SIO) the first time and then abbreviate instead of SIO every time after that.

Ken

bucks2 said:
Sometimes the context helps, sometimes it's just a nice thing to Spell It Out (SIO) the first time and then abbreviate instead of SIO every time after that.

I totally agree Ken. That's been one of my pet peeves for a long time.  :mad:

What is it Heather (who at the time lived in a 30' Leprechaun RV) said'... "Rozzin, Frozzin, Friggin, Fraggit".. You don't want to know what it means..

8Muddypaws said:
We just love our TLAs.  (Three letter acronyms)

TLA is TWO letter acronyms...... 3LA is three letter acronyms......  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the info......and the entertainment. :)  You guys have more acronyms than the military.

Reminds me of the time I went to an Army recruiter with my son. The discussion was about M.O.S. this and M.O.S. that. I finally asked what that meant and he told me it was a military occupation specialty. I asked the recruiter if that was anything like a J.O.B. He told me he didn't know what that term meant. :)

I actually wondered about the DW myself and found an Acronym Abbreviation dictionary on the internet and DW can stand for: Dear Wife, Damn Wife, Darn Wife, Dish Washer, or as Dead Weight.  Don't Worry I would only use the first example because I could get into Deep Water and do not want her to grab a Deadly Weapon.  ;D

By the way, I believe an Acronym has to spell a word otherwise it is an Abbreviation.

BinaryBob said:
What's the slang term for backing into a reserved site that's too small and taking out a mirror?  :mad:

I believe it's CRAP. Couldn't Reliably Ascertain Position. Or something like that......

Ken

Back
Top Bottom