Curtain issues - any ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigRVMike

We recently purchased a Class A RV.  it has the front privacy curtains for the cab.  When you open them they have a tie on each side - both driver and passenger.  What you end up with is a big bunch of Curtain next to the driver and the passenger.  Yes their is a tie back but is still obstructs your view in the top corner of the side window on each side.

I want to get rid of this issue by replacing the curtain on the side with a pull down shade on the driver and passenger side.  But then what do you do with the front of the coach for privacy?  I have seen some people hang rods and do curtains that way or even use Velcro to change a curtain. 

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD REALLY BE APPRECIATED !

Some newer coaches have vertical drop-down shades across the windshield, manual or motorized, and it's a popular upgrade as well. MCD Innovations is one source for these, but you can DIY as well.

http://mcdinnovations.com/index.php/windshieldcockpit-shades

Thanks for the reply. I will check them out.  The video does not seem to be working but I will get their information.  DIY is a possibility that I have been thinking about.

My RV has front and side windshield curtains like these trucker curtains:

http://amzn.to/1jBtrqC

Basically they hang off the sun shades and then you apply tiny plastic hooks on the sides they hook to. They aren't permanent, they go up when you need them and down when you don't.

I like mine. Been using them 5 years when needed.  ;D

The previous owner converted our coach to the MCD shades. The front windshield has a power operated shade and the rest of the windows have the regular pull down type MCD shades. The coach door has a pull up type MCD. We find that they operate easily and without a hitch. We love the way ours work.

BigRVMike said:
Thanks for the reply. I will check them out.  The video does not seem to be working but I will get their information.  DIY is a possibility that I have been thinking about.

I even tried it directly from MCD's site and the video is'nt working.

A couple of people in the American Coach Owners club have made their own front shades using standard residential components. One did a manual pull type and another a motorized one. Takes a bit of creativity to figure out just how to mount it, and on the American Coach models a guide track on the edge helps because it works best if the blind slants forward slightly to ward the bottom (due to the shape of the dash). I think they both used a closed cell foam type of shade to get insulation as well as privacy. Everything you need is readily available at places like www.selectblinds.com.

I've been talking about doing it for a couple years but it hasn't reached the top of my to-do list yet.

legrandnormand said:
I even tried it directly from MCD's site and the video is'nt working.

FYI Video is working.
It does take a few seconds to start.
If you do not see it, most likey you have an ad blocker or pop-up blocker killing it, on your computer.

BigRVMike said:
  Yes their is a tie back but is still obstructs your view in the top corner of the side window on each side.
ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD REALLY BE APPRECIATED !
This is what mine looks like, I'm guessing yours isn't like this

Attachments

• 20151112_085438.jpg
    20151112_085438.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom