Back-up Camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ALF

I cannot believe that I am the only one that has ever experienced this.  I purchase a use 2003 Damon Ultrasport with less than 50k on the odometer.  Everything works great except the back up camera system.  I replace the monitor (purchased from RV cams) and have been working with RV cams out of Biloxi, MS.  The have been great, except I still cannot get it to work.  It seems the system does not want to operate in my RV.  I have gone so far as connect it directly with a short coupled camera to the battery, confirmed the voltage to the unit at 13 VDC, and get no signal or only a snow storm with a focal length of about 1'.  I can take the monitor, camera and alligator clips and attach it to my pick-up and it works fine.  RV cams has checked the camera, and it is fine.  As I stated previously. all 12 VDC systems in the RV work great.  Been fighting this since April.  Any ideas?

Since you did not install the camera in the motorhome yourself, do you have any idea if it came with a splitter box? Not all back up camera systems have that box, but mine does. The splitter box (I think that's what they call it), has two connectors where you can connect two different cameras. It also has a cable that goes to the monitor, and a connector for the 12 volt power cord.  If you were to bypass the splitter box like you have, it might work fine, but might not do the same when installed inside the motorhome. Have you traced the signal cord from the monitor to where it ultimately ends?

Back
Top Bottom