Ned & Lorna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We've got the ark ready.  We do have a flash flood watch.

If it gets that high, I doubt we'll be able to get to the top of the dam.  The lake is full and has been since last June.  It's 38 feet below flood pool and I doubt we'll get anywhere near enough rain to raise it that much.  But never say never :)

You can track the lake level here.

Over here at Bryan, we got a 5.5 inches over a two day period.  No thunder and lightning, just a slow wonderful rain.  North of us 20", south of us 10", but here it was just what we needed!!!! :)

We ended up with just over 4", hardly worth discussing.  We needed it too.

Well I was in Rock Port and The forecast was kind of scary when you are living 6" above sea level. We had some costal flooding going on before the rain. I don't think we got as much as the 7-10 in they forecast.
Glad no one got washed away.
Bill

Well, today we got nearly 8" of rain in about 8 hours.  Comal county has declared a local state of disaster as the result of flooding that remains ongoing.  Many of the local roads remain closed due to high water in the creeks and the Guadalupe river is as high as we've ever seen it.  We did get out to work at the local library today but most of the staff couldn't get in due to being isolated by the flooding.

The picture is of our front yard this morning abut 0900.  The septic system is completely flooded and you can see the sprinklers going to eject the excess water.  A bit of the driveway washed out, but not as bad as some of our neighbors'.  Canyon Lake went up 6' since yesterday but still well short of flood pool.

Attachments

• Front yard 20151030 (Copy).jpg
    Front yard 20151030 (Copy).jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 113
It looks like you're relatively high so surrounded by water.  Hope you stay high!!  Is that the Guadalupe River straight ahead?

Mt Charleston to the west of Las Vegas has snow on it.  Methinks El Nino is underway!

ArdraF

Thank goodness you are up on a knoll otherwise you might be having problem.  If I remember correctly the houses on the other side of your street are a lot lower than you and if so, they'll be underwater.  You 2 keep dry, don't take any chances, it will soon be back to normal.

Ed

Ardra, no, that's the street!  The river is about 10 miles south of us.

Ed, our neighbors on this side of the street are fine, and across the street where it's lower are all above the flood plain except for the very south end of the lots.  I don't think anyone will be flooded out, but there's a lot of gravel showing up in the roads.  The huge culverts they put at Rebecca Creek and FM306 a few years ago takes a lot of the pressure off the runoff, and probably is preventing some flooding of residences.

We're quite safe here, but south of 306 they have some problems.  We're supposed to get more rain tonight :(

If you want an idea of how many roads are closed, here's the county engineer's office official map.

Yep, we won't starve.  We did go to Bulverde today but the water was quite close to 281 in one or two spots.  We saw water running in places we never saw it before.

We had flood and severe weather warnings for here from the same storm around noon today.  There was one funnel cloud about 20 miles west of us then the storm fell apart and we got a quarter inch and it quit.  We didn't need what you got Ned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, everyone.  We had 1.11" overnight, just a slight drizzle :)  Looks like we'll be dry for a few days, but more rain is forecast starting around Wednesday.  We really need this to replenish our aquifers from the extended drought.  So, it's a mixed blessing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DUSM0518
Back
Top Bottom