Toroweep and Whitmore Point, Grand Canyon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O

Oscar Mike

We drove our Jeeps off road from St. George, UT to Whitmore Canyon, and Toroweep at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, which is arguably the most isolated area in the Continental United States, located in the Arizona Strip.

We spent the night at the Bar 10 Ranch in a Covered Wagon which is a working cattle ranch.

The toilet room pictured is situated on the side of a drop off, and is the most picturesque toilet room I have ever seen.

Attachments

• FMCA Bar 10 Ranch 018.JPG
    FMCA Bar 10 Ranch 018.JPG
    268.7 KB · Views: 51
  • FMCA Bar 10 Ranch 017.JPG
    FMCA Bar 10 Ranch 017.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 52
  • FMCA Bar 10 Ranch 011.JPG
    FMCA Bar 10 Ranch 011.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 48
  • FMCA Bar 10 Ranch 033.JPG
    FMCA Bar 10 Ranch 033.JPG
    253.7 KB · Views: 46
  • FMCA Bar 10 Ranch 043.JPG
    FMCA Bar 10 Ranch 043.JPG
    281.4 KB · Views: 61
Betty Brewer said:
Now on my bucket list! Thanks for sharing.

I had no idea that these two locations would make it to my bucket list until I arrived there...It is now a check mark on my bucket list, which I am so happy that we made the effort to go. We could not have picked a better group to go with (FMCA 4-Wheelers), Susan and I had the greatest time.

A few years ago we went to Toro'ph on motos... it's quite a ride and gas could have been an issue but it all went fine.  The view ranks as one of the most dramatic I've ever seen at the GC.  IIRC a volcano closed the GC at this point, hence the sharp walls.

Hi,

How bad are the access roads? Can a 4WD pickup truck make it, or does it require a true off-road vehicle like a Jeep?

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

VallAndMo said:
Hi,

How bad are the access roads? Can a 4WD pickup truck make it, or does it require a true off-road vehicle like a Jeep?

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

I saw several 4-wheel drive pick ups at these locations... No problem. 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom