RV Show Pomona, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathy1561

My wife and I decided to go to this show in Pomona, CA to see what new accessories and what not's are out there. We chose
to stay at East Shore RV Park and by far one of the best campgrounds around much much better than the KOA near by.  Well
any ways at the show if you were not going to buy an RV that day or any time during the show it was a total waste of time.  One
of the absolute worst shows ever and I mean hands down they won the dumb award.  We went there just for the purpose to
purchase a tow bar system, namely "Blue Ox", which was represented by the people from "Mike Thompsons" RV which we found
out very late in the process of negotiations. And I was dead set on not giving that company a single cent from the poor service
after buying a new Tiffin from them then selling it after our return from a cross country trip, it just beat us to death, they tell you
everything you want to here. Well enough of that scenario.

Getting back to the show there was very little in way of accessories or RV related items. A lot of vendors did not even show up
to open their booths. I was prepared to drop some hard cash for goodies but we left with bad feelings for those who put on the
show. Yes I did get my tow bar but not without a lot of hassle from Mike Thompson's, very little knowledge of those systems
was evident amongst the crew.

We stopped at some of the vendors that were had personnel on hand, and found ourselves arguing  with the vendor as to what
the inside of "our" Country Coach looks like.  Most of these vendors where very arrogant.

They can in No Way Shape or Form compete with the show put on by FMCA.  We have no idea where the 100 vendor booths
were. We will never go to another show put on by RVIA.

http://www.thebestrvshow.com/    :mad:

I am afraid you will find that typical of most shows today. We were at the FMCA Pomona Show last Spring and found the same loss of the OEMs. The attendance and make-up of the attendees determine who is willing to display and that seems to be primarily new, lower end motorhomes, 5ers, and pull trailers.

Jeff said:
I am afraid you will find that typical of most shows today. We were at the FMCA Pomona Show last Spring and found the same loss of the OEMs. The attendance and make-up of the attendees determine who is willing to display and that seems to be primarily new, lower end motorhomes, 5ers, and pull trailers.

But at least Blue OX and Roadmaster were at Indio and Pomona. A Blue Ox tech removed my Tru-center at the show to send back to the factory for service at the Indio Rally. They repaired and sent it to me at Happy Trails. Total cost: Free (out of warranty). Good comapny.

This summer I noticed a problem with my Roadmaster Sterling Tow Bar. When we passed through Vancouver, WA I took it into the factory. Tech determined that it could not be repaired. I spoke to Customer service and they sold me a new Towbar for half price because mine was only 6 1/2 years old and they said I should expect a minimum of 12 years. Another good company.

Both these companies continue to support FMCA rallies.

ken

Last year at Quartzsite, I was in the market for a New tow bar due to selling my Saturn. Long story short, all the Vendors were fairly knowledgeable but when I settled on a Remco X-Cal II, I was thinking, "heck, I'm at an RV event, I should be able to get a Great Price"! Not so....every normal place I checked on Line(PPL, Amazon, etc) beat the Tent's price by at least 100.00 on Tow bar and more on the brackets for my new to me HHR.  Hence, with free shipping, it was a easy decision!

Whoops//meant Demco not Remco!!! close!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom