We're headed to Big Bend this week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jyro

I spit and polished my ol 89 south wind, made sure all the bolts are tight and the levels are up to snuff. The wife and I head out this morning.  It'll be about a 1200 mile or so trip, cheap gas helps, I bought mid grade for 2.05 just now, that sure makes it more fun.
Leaving from just South of Dallas. I don't think there's much there but cool sights and warmer weather, but we'll see.

Don't forget your pontoons.  ;D Seriously, you will love it there, it is beautiful. If you love hiking try the hike to the top of Mount Guadalupe in Guadalupe Mountain National Park to the north.

I'm envious. Sounds like a great time. I just walked in the door from an international training/consulting gig (my job) and I leave on another job this Saturday. Our beautiful motorhome is sitting out front, all prepped and ready to go - with no one to drive it. Enjoy!!

Kev

about all the hiking I do is from the truck at my deer lease to the stand, my knees are just worn out from this extra 35 lb weight I carry around. I'll take plenty of pictures. currently at the San Angelo koa overnighting.

One of our favorite places!  Stop for a couple nights at the Stillwell Store and visit the Hallie Stillwell Hall of Fame located there.  Full Service RV Park with good WIFI.  Located on Ranch Road 2627 just east of the Persimmon Gap entrance to the park on 385 south of Marathon.  The drive down to La Linda on the Rio Grande is beautiful.  If like gravel back roads, the drive Through the Black Gap WMA to the Rio Grande via Maravillias canyon is also a beautiful drive.

We get to Big Bend a couple times a year and always enjoy a few night at the Stillwell Store.  They have a web site if you want to check it out. 

home safe. Driving a 1989 is kindof nerve wracking. Listening to every noise and bump, was that the u-joints, what's that bump or rattle, road or problem? The Southwind made it just fine, the driver is a wreck!

we saw lights, nothing spectacular, looked like headlights on the road on a mountain across the open expanse.
In 44 that area was a air corps base, some stories from it are on u-tube.

that brown round building was the Marfa lights viewing area. Wife got bored after a couple of hours, and we went back to Alpine for the night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZwUHFzMY-Q

Big Bend sure is pretty.  Haven't been there since 1997....Great place to go when the rest of the country is freezing too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom