EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Water pump switch without a light  (Read 1804 times)

Rickster7753

Water pump switch without a light
« on: October 12, 2015, 08:25:53 PM »
I just received delivery of a new Fleetwood Terra 36R Class A.  There are two water pump switches.  One for the main coach and the other for the half bath. Neither one has an indicator light to tell me when they are on. They both just say "water pump" and toggle. How do I tell what possition is on or off? 

TonyDtorch

Re: Water pump switch without a light
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 08:34:20 PM »
turn on the water faucet ....if you hear the pump ...it's on, push the switch again and it's off.

but usually there is a master systems panel somewhere... that will have a water pump light in a series of other indicator lights.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:41:05 PM by TonyDtorch »

Rickster7753

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 08:43:01 PM »
Thanks for the quick answer but the master system panel does not have any lights for the water pumps.  I was on city water while camping this past weekend so no need for pumps.  I guess I'll add some water to the tank and give it a try.

I was hoping someone knew if the switch was toggled either on "water" or "pump" to be on.  But, thanks again.

robertusa123

• ---
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 09:31:23 PM »
You don't even need to add water to tank.   Just flip the switch.  You should hear the pump run
1996  26ft. 3 kids 2 dog and the wife too

Rene T

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Every day is payday and every payday I have off
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 07:34:24 AM »
You don't even need to add water to tank.   Just flip the switch.  You should hear the pump run

After you shutoff the water at the pedestal and bleed the pressure off by opening any faucet. I would think that if it's a rocker style switch, pushing the bottom would shut it off and pushing in the top would turn it on. If they are backwards, I would remove them and rotate them.
Rene, Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

dabrooks

• ---
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 07:50:49 AM »
On our Tiffin the water pump switches are like 3 way switches in your house. If you turn the pump on at one location it may need the top pushed in or the bottom depending on which switch was used last. Since you have a Fleetwood I am not at all familiar with how your pump is wired. In ours I added LED lights to the switch plate.
Dave Brooks
2013 Tiffin 35 QBA
Ford f-53
Maryland

PancakeBill

• ---
  • Bill & Jolene/USA 97 Southwind 35P
    • WorKamping in Yellowstone
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 08:31:17 AM »
See if the switch stays in the opposing position, I have Fleetwood, and it is a spring switch.  It activates a central locking relay.  So either switch will toggle it.  I have 3 switches to turn on/off water pump.  Utility bay, bathroom, and master console.  I haven't been instructed on the new ones, but it is likely the same.  When you hit it, you will hear the pump kick in to establish pressure. 
Bill & Jolene W & Koda

Old Faithful, Yellowstone Association Bookstore
1997 Southwind 35P
Toads: 1997 Honda Accord & 1986 Westfalia
FMCA F-401354
1995 OMI Dobro F-60
WA1RI

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 09:12:23 AM »
They usually just change (toggle) the status, i.e. if the pump is currently On, the switch turns it off, and if currently Off the switch turns it on. That's why the switch has no "ON" light - the switch itself doesn't know which it is.

So, if the water doesn't run from the tap when you open the faucet, push the switch and you should hear the pump start up and water begin to flow. The pump has an internal pressure switch, so it shuts itself off when there is no demand for water. It doesn't hurt anything to leave the pump in the "ON" state.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

PancakeBill

• ---
  • Bill & Jolene/USA 97 Southwind 35P
    • WorKamping in Yellowstone
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 07:57:41 PM »
And some coaches have a status panel with a water pump light showing status, just not on the switches.
Bill & Jolene W & Koda

Old Faithful, Yellowstone Association Bookstore
1997 Southwind 35P
Toads: 1997 Honda Accord & 1986 Westfalia
FMCA F-401354
1995 OMI Dobro F-60
WA1RI

BoomerD

• ---
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 08:57:47 PM »
And some coaches have a status panel with a water pump light showing status, just not on the switches.

Yep. My 2004 Winnie Sightseer has a lighted switch for the water heater, but the switch for the water pump on the test panel is not lit...but does have an indicator light showing the status. However, the rocker switch in the power/water compartment for the water pump IS a lighted switch.
Current coach: 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, P32 chassis, Workhorse.

quadrider

• ---
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 12:25:04 AM »
You can add a led light to the switch. The website mod my rv has that mod listed and a step by step guide on how to do it. I just turn on the water and if its not flowing I flip the switch, mine works in both directions depending on which one was used last.

Hosted by Over The Network