Rainbow bridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoyM

It is a really sad day here, our two toy poodles Lulu 14 and Gigi at least 15 left last night. Lu was blind and had an enlarged heart, common in small breeds, which pressed on her trachea and restricted her breathing. She spent all her time sleeping.
Gigi was going downhill fast. She was deaf, losing her sight, and incontinent. She also had insatiable thirst, we think diabetes.
They were the best traveling companions we could have had. Settled right down in the truck, when they got restless it was time to stop and let them out. They never barked at the campsite and were friendly to everyone. We will get another dog to love and spoil but no one will replace them in our hearts.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss of Lulu and Gigi.  I truly believe that pets never really leave us.  The love and devotion they gave us live on in our memories. 

That is just so very sad.

I am sorry for your loss.

It sounds like you are open to one day having a new puppy dog adopt you.

I always say "A dog rescued me".

So sorry to hear of your beloved pets passing.  It's a very sad time for us, when the end comes.  It's difficult to make that decision without feeling guilt.  I agree with the earlier comment that they never really leave us.  It's been almost 4.5 years since my pal, RedDog had to visit that bridge, and Ringo came to help me through the pain, but I still catch myself remembering a look, a sight, a smell or a sound that reminds me of "old Reddy" and I smile.  I know he's waiting at the bridge. 

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet, whether we have had the pet 10 days or 10 years. But now another dog has a chance at being saved and given love by you.

That feeling of loss takes a longtime to go away.  When we lost Gin-in-fur, I was beside myself.  I did not cry that much when I got divorced, but hen my dog loved me.  When Whiskey-a-go-go came along her designation was unclear, substitute was not appropriate, neither was replacement.  Then it came to us, she was a pinch-hitter.  That made us feel a lot better. 

So sorry for your loss Roy.  We are trying to prepare ourselves for something similar.  Our Shih Tzu, Heidi is 16 years old, deaf and blind but otherwise seems okay but, as expected, she sleeps 22 hours a day.  Always been a great little traveler since 3 months old - hates to walk on streets at home but prances when at a campground.  As with all of us who have animals, they quickly become part of the family and their loss causes the same amount of grief.  RIP to your two poodles.

Bill

Sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose our hairy kids and two at once really sucks. Gordon sends slobbery lab kisses.

BLAKDUKE, you made us both smile. Thanks to all for the kind words, we knew it was inevitable but this is the first time I have had to do it. We are going to meet a Shih Tzu (had to make sure I spelled that correctly ;D) next week, hope she is right for us. The house is awfully empty.

RoyM said:
BLAKDUKE, you made us both smile. Thanks to all for the kind words, we knew it was inevitable but this is the first time I have had to do it. We are going to meet a Shih Tzu (had to make sure I spelled that correctly ;D) next week, hope she is right for us. The house is awfully empty.

You will be happy with a Shih Tzu.  Non-shedding, non-yapping, love to play and cuddle.  Hope she is right for you.

Bill

Our former neighbors have a Shih Tzu/Maltese cross which this one may be. He is the most playful, lovable little guy.

Roy, sorry for your loss. There are no words to make you feel better, but a new pup will make you smile again.

I am a dog groomer and I have a pair of Shuh Tzu/Maltese brothers as clients (Nero and Tiberius). They are the most adorable, sweetest pups. Because of the Maltese in the cross they don't have bad under bites or crooked front legs.

And it goes without saying, if you get a new pup we need to see pictures :)

This is Millie, a  four year old Shih Tzu/Maltese/Yorkie cross we picked up yesterday. A sweet gentle dog, she handled the 2 1/2 hour ride home well which is a good sign. Quite timid but the breeder said she is normally outgoing so time will tell. Funny thing is she has already bonded with me, follows me everywhere and wants to be picked up as soon as I sit. She is more reserved with DW, we think she associates women with unpleasant things like nail clipping and shots.

Attachments

• Millie 2 006 (350x284).jpg
    Millie 2 006 (350x284).jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 37
We just lost Miss Abigail a 14 yr old English Pointer, she had internal issues and mental health issues what a sad day it was last Tuesday especially being away from home. We still have a 10 yr old Yorkie she's a doll but she misses her sister!!! We're sorry for your loss...

Attachments

• DSC_0293.jpg
    DSC_0293.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 11
Roy, Millie is adorable. Hopes for a long, happy, healthy life.

Ron, sorry for your loss.

I understand your hurt Rob, our pets are with us for far too little time. We have had Millie for a month, she latched onto me and seems to think my sole mission in life is to pick her up and cuddle. My wife is feeling a little left out but the dog is warming to her. We got her from a breeder, we think she got all her attention from the husband. The wife was likely in charge of the unpleasant stuff like shots, nail clipping and discipline.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlord
Back
Top Bottom