As long as we're talking about external antennas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BoomerD

:D

I just had a smart TV installed in the Winnebago. To my great surprise, I get excellent HDTV through the original (2004) "Winegard Model RV - 7004" antenna.

Would I realize enough of an increase in signal/picture quality by upgrading to the newer Winegard Sensar IV to justify the cost?

BoomerD said:
:D

I just had a smart TV installed in the Winnebago. To my great surprise, I get excellent HDTV through the original (2004) "Winegard Model RV - 7004" antenna.

Would I realize enough of an increase in signal/picture quality by upgrading to the newer Winegard Sensar IV to justify the cost?

NO. but adding the WINGMAN will give you an increase on SOME stations,, MIght give you more stations (or not) and would have very much the same effect as upgrading to the Sensar IV

Also adding the Sensar PRO module indoors may give additional improvement.

NOW: as for your use of the word Surprising..  Why should you be surprised.  The antenna you have is a VHF/uhf antenna, works on all television channels... With the change to digital.. The television channels did not change.. (Though many VHF stations are not broadcasting on UHF it's still the same whay 68 channels it's been for decades)  THus the same antenna SHOULD work.. and as you noted, DOES.

(So what does the Wingman do?  It turns your existing antenna from VHF/uhf to VHF/UHF (See the case change) basically making it the same as the IV for a fraction of the price.

I cut the cable in my sticks and stucco house several years ago & I installed a roof mount outdoor type antenna in my attic.
What was surprising to me was the number of channels we receive.  It's not just the 3-5 channels that used to be possible with rabbit ears.
and the picture is clear, I've been told more clear than cable.... I think folks are surprised about that too, since cable = clearer picture and more channel to so many of us.  Not so anymore!

Back
Top Bottom