Mini Rally in San Jose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken & Sheila

Site Team
Today we had a mini rally at Chris and Mimi's house in San Jose. Also with us were Tim and Jan.
Of course many of our other old time RV friends were talked about. Some fun stories from the past.
After our afternoon of "discussions" (wanted to sound serious, even if we weren't) we had a great meal prepared by our hosts.
It was really great to be with our old friends again.

Attachments

• IMG_20151030_183753_225.jpg
    IMG_20151030_183753_225.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 54
We really enjoyed that you guys visited us and that we got reacquainted with the Lynches which are now living close by. What most don't know is that late last month we did hang up the keys of our Monaco Dynasty.  We did put it on crags list and it sold within one week for the price we wanted. We did not even had the time to put in on the RV forum in the sales section.
The result is that our outdoor adventures have come to end. The reasons are we as everybody else are aging some time(82, and 81).Mimi got problems getting up the steps of the motorhome, my health problems. If I follow the recommendation of the doctors they want do one more surgery on my foot (The one) and have a knee replacement. One thing is for sure the roads will be a lot safer with this crazy driver of the road.
Our outdoor adventures started when I joined the Boy scouts in 1945 and got familiar with tenting and nature. Then Mimi came into my life and we got into sailing and explored the big rivers in Holland, the southern see and the Delta (yes we are Dutch) This was followed by a Westphalia trailer and travelled the European countries except the Eastern ones which where not accessible to us due to the iron curtain.
The family got growing and 4 month after birth of the last one  (third one) We packed the whole household and settled in Hong Kong for 4 1/2 years. There were not many opportunities to continue  camping so we got a Volvo powered cabin cruiser making our feet wet in the South China see and being care full not to get into Chinese territory.
From Hong Kong we landed in Wisconsin and after bribing Mimi and buying her 2 fur coats buying a new house new cars and a aw full winter she was not a happy camper. When I was on a business trip in Switzerland I accepted a competitors offer, called Mimi got her approval and the deal was done. 3 weeks later I moved to Munich Germany to set up a new business on a 3 year contract. Mimi became in charge of selling the home the cars and the new acquired tractor with snow blower and waiting for the end of the school year for the kids to come over. 
In Germany the only activity was for the kids Skiing attending the US international school and travelling
After our term in in Germany I was rehired  by the original company that send me to Hong Kong. We moved to California in 1979 and purchased a home in Silicon valley and we still live at the same place.
Our outdoor adventures started here again, got a Layton trailer then a Four winds class A,  A Dolphin class A gasser, a Safari Diesel and finally a Monaco Dynasty 2000 with Slide. Now after 112K miles its gone and we ended the outdoor activities and all we can do is open our House for mini rallies. We like to thank all our friends particular lately when we sometimes had problems hooking up the Jeep or helping us with internet and TV communications. Thanks T&B. K&S. Also thanks to the crew who changed with their  power tools my shredded tire when we made out last 4 wheel trip to chicken corners in Moab.
It was CompuServe and the RV forum that  gave us the tools to make so many friend and enabled us to communicate with them.
Be sure we are not saying good but we will follow your adventures on the RV forum. Good job Tom & staff.

Mimi & Chris

Good to hear from you, Chris, and good to see the rest too.

Thanks so much Mimi and Chris for hosting a fun mini rally and a great meal.  We were so pleasantly surprised to hear from Sheila and Ken as their travels brought them to the area, thank you K & S.  To have this rally evolve made it even so much more fun.  Good friends, good times and so many memories of rving and the RV Forum Framily.  We are living in Morgan Hill which is a short trip from Chris and Mimi, so we will keep in touch now. 

Tim & Jan

Chris

Did you fix them a nice steak, like you did for us.<G>

Attachments

• Chris & Mimi House 2013-012.JPG
    Chris & Mimi House 2013-012.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 35
Terry

As usual, Chris did a great job with the tri tip and Mimi with the rest of the meal.  Had a great time with some very special friends, got to love this forum!!! 

Sheila

Chris and Mimi, we already miss your presence at our rallies.  Be sure to let us know when you're lurking so we know you're keeping track of us!  Both of you, take care.

ArdraF

Chris and Mimi we will miss you also. See you in CA the next time we make it up to the Bay Area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom