October photos and a new camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

The link to my October photos is in my signature below.

One year ago I decided to ditch my dslr gear and do most all of my photography with a cell phone camera. I did a Google search on 'best cell phone camera' and the iPhone 6 was rated number one on all but one web site that rated cell phone cameras. Technology has been moving at an incredible speed this last year and now the iPhone 6 would come in around 10th place. I waited until the iPhone 6s was released to decide which cell phone would be my new replacement. Fortunately the Samsung S6 wins all the current polls for best cell phone camera so that is what I got. What an amazing upgrade. I went from 8 megapixels to 16. It went from f/2.4 to f/1.9. It has a much wider ISO range, 4k video, optical images stabilization and a much better camera app. The highlight of the upgrade for me is voice control. All I need to do is point and say 'Click' and it takes the photo. Or 'shoot' or 'cheese' or if I want to take video I say 'record video'. It makes taking photos with a cell phone camera so much easier. No shaking the camera when the shutter button is pushed.

I took a quick trip up to New England to see the fall colors for the first time in my life. I did a poor job of trip planning. I gave me four days to get up to New England, one day to drive around New England and four days to return. Unfortunately I arrived before the leaves reached their peak and the one day I was in New England it was raining, overcast and foggy. All this means that the colors were subdued. However when I got to Londonderry Vermont I saw a picturesque tavern and got one my best shots of the year. If it would have not been overcast and if the leaves were at peak the photo would have been nowhere as good. The fog gives the photo a nice mysterious quality. I also got a great shot of a group of pumpkins at a farmers market. It took me a few days to figure out why I liked the pumpkin shot so much until I realized the pumpkins are exactly the same color as my car. So the tavern shot and the pumpkin shot made my trip worthwhile.

It's so much fun to try to pick a favorite each month.  This month was especially difficult because there are so many beautiful shots.  Narrowed it down to five:  Halloween Scene, Roadside Mural, Pink Flower, Yellow Flower and Spiderweb.  Just couldn't pick a favorite.  Thanks for posting the pictures, Tom.

Margi

That tavern in the fog is neat, Tom.  But so are some of the fall colors!

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
That tavern in the fog is neat, Tom.  But so are some of the fall colors!
Thanks Ardra. I hope to return next year and go after the peak has started and spend more time up there. I took a lot of photos that didn't come out due to bad weather. Those fall colors are really photogenic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom