Anyone having trouble with GOOGLE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
I type in a subject and sometimes it will search and locate and other times it just sits there. Is it my laptop or Google?  I'd say it works good 50% of the time.

I spoke too quick Gregg. it's doing it again. I keep checking on it every day or so and see if anything changes. Thanks anyway.

Rene - What browser are you using? You might want to try a different browser for a while to see if the problem is with your computer, your browser or Google.

SeilerBird said:
Rene - What browser are you using? You might want to try a different browser for a while to see if the problem is with your computer, your browser or Google.

I use Internet Explorer and I don't know how to change it. I'm not a computer geek at all.

Another suggestion would be to clear the Web content cache and then if that does not work I would the clear out any cookies.  I am making an assumption that when things are kind of finicky you can still enter in an address to a particular page or click on one of your stored favorites.  May even just enter www.yahoo.com to see if that site is accessible.  If you experience problems with other direct sites, then it could be an issue with your router or modem.  Shut them off and turn them back on to see how things work out. 

I assume you try a Google search and the screen is white with no results.
On the google page, go to the bottom right  Click "settings"
Select " never show instant results" . Scroll down and "save".
You'll be back in the tall cotton......

Rene T said:
I use Internet Explorer and I don't know how to change it. I'm not a computer geek at all.
Go to this address:

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html#brand=CHMB&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-sk&utm_medium=ha

Click on Download Chrome and follow directions. It is super simple. Once it is installed just click on it. You won't hurt anything by doing this and if you use it for a few days and it doesn't solve the problem you can go back to using IE without any issues at all. But I think IE could very well be your problem.

For sure upgrade your browser to something like Chrome or Firefox. Internet Explorer is outdated and most web developers do not even support it when they build new sites.

Here are some tips on how to switch to Chrome:

Download chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/
Make default browser: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95417?hl=en

BinaryBob said:
I assume you try a Google search and the screen is white with no results.
On the google page, go to the bottom right  Click "settings"
Select " never show instant results" . Scroll down and "save".
You'll be back in the tall cotton......

Bob, when I type in the word to search in Google and hit enter, nothing happens. The screen stays the same with the word showing. It doesn't even blink. 
I clicked the settings button and "never show results" is not there/available.

Pocket Rocket said:
I've had similar issues with Google as Rene T over the past week.

Thanks Chief. I tried to install chrome and got all screwed up. Was able to get back to internet explorer. I'll be going over to a friends house this weekend and he's one of the lead computer geeks for Liberty Mutual. I'll ask him to look at it.

Rene T said:
Thanks Chief. I tried to install chrome and got all screwed up. Was able to get back to internet explorer. I'll be going over to a friends house this weekend and he's one of the lead computer geeks for Liberty Mutual. I'll ask him to look at it.
You have a problem then, installing Chrome should be a brain dead simple proposition. Have your geek friend check it out. You might have picked up some strange malware. I doubt your problem is a simple setting issue. You don't seem to be the type of user who would go around changing settings.

SeilerBird said:
You don't seem to be the type of user who would go around changing settings.

No I'm not. If I typically don't know what I'm doing, I leave it alone. I'm better off letting my 10 year old grandson look at it.  ;D  Thanks everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom