Got my Geezer Pass!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
232 days from today I will get mine...God willing and the creek don't rise. 

As said, now just get retired Lou. We don't use ours much for camping, as our coach is to big. But nice to have when touring parks by car.

Jeff said:
Terry or Jerry? 

It would be Terry Brewer.  Ardra and Terry have birthdays within two days of  one another. It was in Zion.  The rangers would not let Terry get his pass  one day early!  He tried for several days before his birthday to get he pass but they stuck to the rules!

Got my pass at Zion National Park earlier this year. Have used it multiple times since. Joshua Tree is on my bucket list this year or early next year. 

Jeff, both Betty and TomS were correct.  It was indeed Terry - however both Betty and Jerry were in the vicinity so nothing embarrassing about it!  ;) :eek: ;D  It's amazing how many times Terry and I have celebrated our birthdays together because we've either been at a rally or traveling to/from one.

ArdraF

Congratulations lou.  Joshua Tree is great this time of year.  We were there for a few days prior to Q last year.  Hard to beat the no entry fee and half price parking. 

garyb1st said:
Congratulations lou.  Joshua Tree is great this time of year.  We were there for a few days prior to Q last year.  Hard to beat the no entry fee and half price parking.
And the incredible weather this time of year, the awesome beauty and the dirt cheap campgrounds. Plus the place is usually empty. And it is the only National Park with a head shop located at the entrance. :eek:

Kinda been a while since I got one of those...Bandelier Nat'l Park/Monument... LOL, I was on a motorcycle... thought I gave the Ranger a 10, left in a cloud of dust and found out later it was a 20, oh well.  Wonder how long it will take for this perk to get eliminated?

Golden Age Passes will cease to be available on November 14, 2019. Existing passes will continue to be honored, but new ones will not be issued.

Ken

Why? Because I turn 62 on November 15, 2019.....  :-[

bucks2 said:
Golden Age Passes will cease to be available on November 14, 2019. Existing passes will continue to be honored, but new ones will not be issued.

Ken

Why? Because I turn 62 on November 15, 2019.....  :-[

From what I understand the Golden Age pass has been discontinued and replaced by the "Senior Pass" - nothing but a name change....

Jim

Oops, now you know how long I've been wanting to get one.

Ken

I I've had my Golden Age for so long it can hardly be read, most gate rangers just look at it and don't even try to zip it thru a reader.
Sometimes when it looks like an impasse I will have my wife's ready if needed.>>>Dan

utahclaimjumper said:
I I've had my Golden Age for so long it can hardly be read, most gate rangers just look at it and don't even try to zip it thru a reader.
Sometimes when it looks like an impasse I will have my wife's ready if needed.>>>Dan
Supposedly, you can get a replacement card free as long as you have the old one to trade in.

I traded my original cardboard one for a plastic card several years ago at the suggestion of a ranger.

In late 2004 the America the Beautiful Act or whatever it was called was passed and for the next several months all the various special interest groups were involved in writing the regulations that would implement the Act. The first thing announced was that the senior pass would not be issued upon the implementation of the new rules without announcing that the card would be replaced with the new one with the same benefits.

My 62nd birthday was April 17th and the first months of the year drug by with no news of the new rules or when they would be enacted and I was positive they would be published April 1st or 15th. :p 

On Sunday afternoon, the 16th of April we were coming back through Burlington, WA, site of the North Cascades Ranger Station so I stopped and told my sob story of the months of suspense. The ranger laughed and said the pass wouldn't be run through until Monday AM whenever the office opened so he issued it to me.

All that worry for nothing!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom