Anyone have a 22r?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarieB

We're seriously considering a Minnie Winnie or Itasca Spirit 22r - looking at 2015 and 16 models.  The engine is a V8 rather than a V10 and I'm wondering if anyone out there has one and how it performs?  I'm remembering college days with a VW bus going over mountain passes at 10 mph.... Not been able to find much specific about the 22r, so any feedback on power, or any 22r info will be appreciated.

I've learned soooo much on this forum - appreciate the shared knowledge, experiences, and generosity of spirit.  (and the TP debates!)

Marie
still looking and dreaming, but getting closer to reality!

MarieB said:
..I'm remembering college days with a VW bus going over mountain passes at 10 mph.... ..
LOL - you too?

You want about 1 HP per every 50-75 pounds of vehicle weight, but this is just a rough rule of thumb.  Engine torque is actually a more important metric when figuring your ability to "get you up the hill" and the transmission is an important factor.  The more gears the better.  Basically you need to test drive both and evaluate from your seat of the pants experience.

I"m probably going to test drive one tomorrow, and since I have a Ford truck with the 5.0 l engine, I can compare how fast it gets going to how fast my truck gets going. The truck is not "zippy" but it is more like driving a 747...once it gets going you realize you are sitting on a lot of horses. I drove a class C Forest River yesterday and was unimpressed even on level ground how well it moved. Wouldn't want to be going up mountain roads in that thing.

I see you have a dog named Flower. If Flower can pass you by on a hill you will need more horses in your engine! ;D  I would think a V10 would be a engine than a V8 for going up a hill especially.

MarieB said:
We're seriously considering a Minnie Winnie or Itasca Spirit 22r - looking at 2015 and 16 models.  The engine is a V8 rather than a V10 and I'm wondering if anyone out there has one and how it performs?  I'm remembering college days with a VW bus going over mountain passes at 10 mph.... Not been able to find much specific about the 22r, so any feedback on power, or any 22r info will be appreciated.

I've learned soooo much on this forum - appreciate the shared knowledge, experiences, and generosity of spirit.  (and the TP debates!)

Marie

Just curious what did you end up getting?  We are looking at the Itasca Spirit 22R 2015 as well and the engine is model Ford 5.4 V-8 Triton 320 horsepower and am wondering how it will take mountains out west when we travel from Florida.

MarieB said:
We're seriously considering a Minnie Winnie or Itasca Spirit 22r - looking at 2015 and 16 models.  The engine is a V8 rather than a V10 and I'm wondering if anyone out there has one and how it performs?  [size=12pt]I'm remembering college days with a VW bus going over mountain passes at 10 mph..[/size].. Not been able to find much specific about the 22r, so any feedback on power, or any 22r info will be appreciated.

Marie

I remember those days, too.  See my avatar.  350 hp 327 cu.in. Chevy.

Back
Top Bottom