Prayers needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlie 5320

Thank you Gary. Unfortunately I may not be in the market for another coach now. We got some very bad news yesterday afternoon. My DW was diagnosed with stage lll ovarian cancer, they will operate Monday morning at 7:00 a.m. We thought it was something completely different, we are still in shock. 

I'm very sorry to hear that.  One of my daughters was diagnosed with stage lll ovarian cancer 4 years ago.  She has been through two rounds of chemo since her surgery and is doing quite well.  Hopefully your wife's surgery will go smoothly and the two of you will be out enjoying the RV lifestyle before long.  Gary

Sorry to hear that, but let me offer some encouragement. My wife has been successfully battling stage IV breast cancer for seven years now and we still need a largely normal lifestyle. She still gets regular chemo and it's a constant burden, but not the end. You and your DW will come through this.

Thank you for the encouraging words. I will know how bad it really is Monday afternoon after the surgery I guess. I did find and was dealing on a 98 Daybreak 3130, but will wait now to see what the out come is. The Dr. did tell us survival rate is only 35%. It will need tires, but the coach is really clean other wise. I'll find another when this is past us hopefully. My wife is several years younger than I, and is healthy other than this. Maybe she'll pull through, but the Dr. wasn't to encouraging. 

Thanks guys. She had the surgery Monday, much worse than the Dr. thought. They did a full hysterectomy. They removed a 5" cancer with the ovarys, appendices had a cancer tumor, and the small bowel had a cancer. She still has 2  cancer nonoperatable tumors,  and some other spots that may be cancer. We won't know what treatment is going to or where it will be for a few more days.  We may have to travel for treatment. Prayers needed.

So sorry to hear that. Prayers and hugs sent.

Identify a treatment center that is highly rated by the NIH for ovarian and bowel cancers and take her there. I think Sloan-Kettering is one of the best in that specialty, but there are highly rated cancer centers in each part of the country and the care will be superior there, as well as providing support and info to the family.. Moffitt in Florida, Anderson in Texas, Johns Hopkins in Maryland, Cleveland Clinic, etc.

Sorry to hear that.  As difficult as it is, maintain a positive attitude and keep your spirits up.  This is important for both you and your wife.  Prayers sent. 

Sending many good thoughts your way. I know the feeling, my wife and I recently had a scare of uterine cancer.

While the news isn't what you would have preferred, she is there; and where there is life, there is hope.

Sometimes the greatest gifts we can give to others are our prayers.

Please know that you both will be in ours.

Keep us posted.

Dianne

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom